or Connect

Posts by vinnyland

Is this a problematic thing or purely cosmetic? I do however need to get the heels replaced and considering getting the whole thing completely recrafted. 
Here are my Allen Edmond's Evanston that I picked up. Can't really get a solid picture with my iPhone and the pics don't do any justice. The upper looks like it was barely even used. The insole felt flat and no imprint from the previous owner is noticeable.    These are my first AE shoes, it only had to sacrifice $30, and I know they have a recrafting service. The heels are worn as well as the sole (which still had plenty of life left). But one puzzling part was one of...
Recently picked up a pair of barely used Allen Edmond's Evanston at an estate sale. I was originally set on buying brand new Vernon's or Park Avenue's but saw them sitting there with a sticker of $30. Bought them on a whim and was surprised that AE stopped making this model. I'll try and get pictures up later tonight. 
How are the prices at the Las Vegas store compared to what is offered online?    Might have to make a trip over there. 
Hi everyone,   Considering to get a winter coat for the cold weather out in Northern CA. Quick search for peacoat or car coat, I've come across Schott NYC and Filson as the two brands. Just wondering how is the fit for these jackets:   Filson Mackinaw Cruiser Seattle Fit (their slim fit)  http://www.filson.com/products/mackinaw-cruiser-sf.10400.html?fromCat=true&fvalsProduct=mens/coats-jackets&fmetaProduct=1011   Schott NYC Slim fit...
Quick search for full canvas suits on a budget, I came across Hickey Freeman. There is a local Neiman Marcus Last Call outlet store that carries these suits. Was wondering how the construction and quality is on these suits? Full canvass? Here is what I'm talking...
Only reason I would consider MW is because of this deal. Trade in an old one for 50% off another. 
I know Men's Wearhouse is not the best place to get a suit but recently saw a commercial claiming turning in an old suit (will donate to the needy ) and getting any suit for 50% off. I have an old suit that I bought when I was younger and now I am swimming in it. Looking to find some quality suits from MW.    For what it's worth, my suit wardrobe consists of: JCrew Ludlow suit (black wool) JCrew Ludlow suit (navy oxford cotton)  Thick as Thieves conservative...
Hi everyone,   Long time lurker and finally a member of SF. Made an appointment to meet up with the guys of TaT about getting a new suit for interviews and socials since my first suit was from Men's Wearhouse (16 years old, parents bought it, and never again) and just recently a J.Crew Ludlow suit (couple months back, recently just turned 24 btw). Unfortunately both were in black (sorry guys), so looking to get more diversity by covering the basics with a grey...
Hi,   Long time lurker of SF, making my first post.    Been following SF and have read good reviews on Thick As Thieves suits. My only experience has been with Men's Wearhouse when I was 17 (never again) and recently a J. Crew Ludlow suit (very happy with it). Both unfortunately are black (yeah laugh,  I know ).    So looking to upgrade and diversify my wardrobe by getting a MTM suit from TaT. I will be using this one for socials and possible interviews. Here...