or Connect

Posts by Nick V.

Didn't bother reading this....Why waste my time with someone that has proven to me he is nothing but jelous, arrogant, old wind-bag.I hope you get well soon. Good day Sir.
Sour grapes right term wrong guy. It's you not me.Show us where I said that you didn't make shoes.Show us the facts where sole guards ruin shoes. I don't mean as a result of an inept faulty cobbler or a customer that did not use the product for it's intended purpose (unknowingly). There are lot's of things that we disagreed with and I asked you to prove. You didn't because you couldn't.I happily accept that you no more about making shoes/boots than me. When it comes to...
Yup...This is true.However let me get back to my original point.Sole guards are a matter of personal preference and objectives (if used as they were intended and designed for).Nothing more nothing less.All the rest is simply useless long-winded gibberish.
Try holding the outside of the counters with your thumb and index fingers. The bottom of the heel should be resting in the palm of your hand. With the other hand grab the outside border of the welt with your thumb and index fingers. The outside of the sole should be resting on your palm. That hand should be slightly forward of where the ball of your foot would be. Now flex the shoe (not forcefully).Do you hear a clicking sound?Check the seam that attaches the sole to the...
Yes really!!It's not just me, anybody that has a different point of view, you to try to belittle, often making yourself look like a fool.Because I can prove why I disagree with you, you consider it a challenge. Even though you interpret it that way that's not my intent.That's what part of this forum is about sharing ideas, knowledge and, experience.Show me where I "openly disputed the fact that you make shoes".I don't believe you. I have confidence in myself. Then again,...
Does this happen on both shoes or one?
Yes...English is my first language. I also know how to interpret intent.Where did I say -or- even imply that you wrote this:?yes, imagining... I said that topy won't last as long as leather.You need to slow down and read....Customers ask me to do services and get certain products that I refuse to because I wouldn't do or use them on my own shoes.1/2 soles.....The profit margin is much greater than that of a re-craft. You know that. I won't do em.Segs...I can easily get...
Butyl is veg. tanned then dipped in oil. The oil is what makes it more water resistant.
Yes you did. I copied and pasted this comment from you:"So the logical conclusion is that in order to benefit from topy you need to replace it immediately the "dimples" wear down--about once a month if you're walking frequently. How cost effective or "convenient" is that?"Maybe YOU should read it.If it's not a worthy product why do you offer it to your customers?Vested interest? Just another petty derogatory comment by you.I'm sure it surprises nobody here.
Just to set the record straight. This is completely inaccurate: "So the logical conclusion is that in order to benefit from topy you need to replace it immediately the "dimples" wear down--about once a month if you're walking frequently. How cost effective or "convenient" is that?" From my experience the useful purpose and intent of sole guards outlasts a leather sole (generally) 2 to 1. Sometimes more. It stands to reason if they if they didn't wear well....1. I would...