or Connect

Posts by Nick V.

DW I wouldn't say that I'm "not awfully fond of you". I don't feel that way at all. We differ with many of our opinions. You have your opinions based on your experience and knowledge and mine are based on the same criteria. We have different experiences based on decades in our fields. It's just that when I'm meet with rude remarks and someone trying to shove something down my throat I give it right back to them. No matter who they are. And when it gets to a point where I'm...
Well I'm happy to see that things got sorted out regarding recent posts in this thread. When it comes down to "making money" as the objective.... As a small player, I subscribe to a very simple theory...Take care of the customer, the rest will take care of itself. However, I do know of companies that actually invest in schools and pay the freight training apprentices in order to turn out a consistent high-grade product. They even pay for lunches for their students. That's...
Well I'm happy to see that things got sorted out regarding recent posts in this thread. When it comes down to "making money" as the objective.... As a small player, I subscribe to a very simple theory...Take care of the customer, the rest will take care of itself. However, I do know of companies that actually invest in schools and pay the freight training apprentices in order to turn out a consistent high-grade product. They even pay for lunches for their students. That's...
DW...I hope you lighten up on the Guy. I don't see him as a troll. Just came across SF researching an issue he had. He's not looking for the hair on the egg -nor- an argument. Rather he clearly stated his priorities and means. I'll trust my intuition. We should welcome more guys like this to expand the SF population. Better that than chase them away.
We have been selling and I have been wearing Powersteps for years. Customers are very happy with them. In my case I have no foot problems what so ever. I can pretty much find a good fit with almost any RTW brand. I wouldn't use Powersteps in any dress shoe nor do I need to. However with my hiking boots I remove the supports that came with them and replace them with the PS's.They are very comfortable and give a lot more support than the ones that came with the boots.When...
A/E were offering several styles on combination lasts (wide vamps/narrow heels)I don't know if they still are. You may want to contact their cs dept. and ask.
I won't do orthoepic adjustments either. The only time I will is with a Dr's prescription. And even with that only simple accommodations.Heel lifts, bars, basic things of that nature. Anything else is beyond the realm I'm comfortable with.If there is a podiatrist reading it would be interesting if you weighed in here.
Nonsense
Good points by DW and PB. I noticed something many years ago. Guys will often tell me "these are the most comfortable shoes I ever owned. Do what ever it takes". It's very, very rare that I hear a Woman say that. Why? Because they buy for style and color. Comfort and fit are low on their priority list. Often a Woman (usually mid-late 30ish) will complain to me my "shoes are killing me". I think my foot changed shape. I take her (normally high stiletto) shoe put it on the...