or Connect

Posts by Nick V.

DW I prefer to keep this friendly. I appreciate your insights and willingness to share your experience and time. I've learned a lot from some of your posts. Most of all I respect your passion for the shoemaking trade (bespoke) and it's traditions. We agree, Shoe making and repair are two different things. Neither are anything to be ashamed of. Having said that, I don't know of any shoe repair shops -or- for that matter custom shoe makers that don't have an assortment of...
That's not what he said......
If a customer requests us to do something that we think is detrimental to a shoe we refuse to do it even if they insist. Rather we suggest that they find someone that will. They're plenty out there looking to make a buck anyway they can. I guess there are different levels of integrity. That's just my version. Between Crockett & Jones and J.M. Weston we average approx. 50 pair of MTP's per month. Have been for years..... For them to do this many knowing such a service will...
No, you re-sole when the soles wear out. If the inseam stitches, welts fail pryor to the sole wearing (as a result of installing the mtp's) you can be sure the shoes would be returned to us with one angry customer. I would know about it. All I have been saying over and over is it doesn't happen.But I suppose the statement is correct, some believe only what they want to believe.
Maybe, you'd have to ask him.Apparently Lattanzi doesn't see it that way. Then again you would have to ask him as well.
Yes I understood that.My point is two different perspectives from two well regarded makers.
We have done them on single soled Bonafe's. Not a problem. As previously mentioned we each have our own perspective. FWIW, Silvano Lattanzi will install Lulu's on their single soled shoes upon request.
B-I-N-G-O.....Thank you for sharing your experience Sir!
+1As I have been saying all the while.....We have done literally 1000's of these. NOT ONE SHOE has come back with welt, gemming, inseam stitching failure.I've even asked the forum if anybody has had this occur to a job we did please help this discussion by letting us know. Not one has.We buy our screws from an outfit that supplies the model hobby industry. It took me quite a while to find them but they are excellent. They are brass plated, have a Philips head rather than...
Just sharing my experience. Autosolers are widely used in repair. Apologies, I thought that was what you were referring to. I don't know of any makers that use them....Maybe you do.