or Connect

Posts by Nick V.

Quote: Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba What are you driving at here? I'm not simply jumping on the AE hate wagon, I would appreciate that you respect that I've formed my own opinion, based on my experience. Its a great deal tougher for me to form my opinion, based on your experience. Yes....I respect that you are entitled to your opinion. I have simpley stated my observations based on my experience day in and day out. That's what this...
Use cream polish. It's eaiser to work with and won't cake up. It's also more effective in keeping the leather supple. Weave tends to dry out quicker.
Actually, AE had an Italian line prior to the Seven's. Aside from the Seven's they still have some Italian made Blake stitched. My guess is that the Seven Series was an attempt to offer something more fashion forward and upscale to the Italian made that they were already carrying. I suspect that their intent was to delve into another market expanding their entire line with more variety. There could be many reasons why it didn't work. Many have voiced their opinion on...
You're right-on MellonC.
Quote: Originally Posted by bengal-stripe You replace the worn top lift before you do any damage to the actual heel. It is a very simple repair: the old, worn top lift gets ripped off. Then a new one, slightly oversized, gets glued and nailed on. Last step is cutting and sanding the top lift down to the size correct of the heel. True....It's less expensive than replacing the entire base and the top lift.
Quote: Originally Posted by patrick_b I stopped by the AE Outlet yesterday in Freeport, ME on my way home from a business trip. They had several pairs of Seven's priced at $295. I don't think they were factory 2nds, but rather the current sale price, but I could be wrong. The SA indicated that the line has been officially discontinued and also [to my surprise] that these can't be recrafted/resoled by the mfr. I was ready to buy a pair of Tresana in...
SG-- To answer your question, I very often receive complements and rarely, rarely receive complaints. However, the complaints are more valuable to me given they have merit. For example, the customer needs to explain the nature of his or her disatisfaction on order for me to address it properly. If they simply made a statement such as yours "I noticed a decline in quality" or "I can't help but pick out numerous flaws" without telling me what, how can I correct the...
Quote: Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba Nick, Customer service has a value to me yes, however it doesnt come into the equation right now. On a product comparison i'm looking at simply what i see from Allen Edmonds to what I see from the other companies mentioned. Since you're post regards customer service, I bought 1 pair of AE at Lord and Taylor, 1 Pair at Nordstroms, and recently 3 pairs of RL shoes at Ralph Lauren (so thats Alden, C&J and the...
Quote: Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba +1, the AE's i have with the tan insoles from only about 2 years ago are much nicer then the stuff i currently see on the racks. The posting they did over at AAAC was an attempt to sway the general consensus, but i cant help but pick out numerous flaws in the shoes i pick up in the store. I bought both pairs of AE i own at 20% off retail, i didn't exactly price watch them, I enjoy both pairs and would like to...
We are located at 140 East 55th. Between Lex. and 3rd. (212) 750-0818.