or Connect

Posts by Nick V.

Quote: Originally Posted by MHH89 You are all sad excuses for yankees fans if you are using a Mets triumph as a come back. You should have gone with Bucky F. Dent but you are all morons. The Red Sox don't have a commitment to winning, we just win. Something we have done twice this decade as opposed to your one. See you next year girls Sorry.....but, we're still enjoying the victory. See ya next decade and compare notes around the...
Quote: Originally Posted by MHH89 Teams with a "commitment to winning" don't lose series when they are already up 3-0. Don Zimmer who is your daddy? %#&% Happens Can anybody say Bill Buckner!!
Quote: Originally Posted by tsaltzma First off, let me say I am from the US, and I am not a baseball fan. I love sports for the competition, adversity, and the fact that any given day, miracle upsets can happen. But that isn't always true. I've always found it curious how professional sports call their teams 'World Champions'. Do they compete on a world stage with many teams from other countries? American football, and baseball are most notorious...
World Champs!
Quote: Originally Posted by dopey I just picked up a pair of shoes that had been resoled. The soles were branded: "Samson Oak", with a little acorn, in a circle. Surrounding the circle was "Highest Quality" and "Oak Tanned Sole Leather". Below that is written "Prime Fibre, 12 Iron Up, Extra Large, Made in U.S.A. Who can tell me about these soles? I have never heard of Samson Oak and internet search yields nothing. BTW, the soles are pretty...
This is one of the things that irks me about my industry. Many of the operators are penny wise and dollar foolish. They also think that the public is stupid. For instance, they will save money on materials and buy cheep garbage which won't look, feel or, wear well. When the customers complain they (the owner) become arrogant. I have had many discussions with these types. I have tried over and over again to explain that it's this attitude that gives our industry a bad...
Trunk Show October 29th, 2009 Rider Boot Co. founder Ron Rider rolls back into the Big Apple on Thursday November 5th, 11 am - 7 pm for a new show at Leffot. Ron pulls out all the stops when it comes to samples, leathers and colors. If you're a boot guy you won't want to miss it. Posted in News & Events | No Comments »
A reputable repair shop should have no problem stripping them. Have them polish them in neutral after stripping.
Quote: Originally Posted by distinctive Nick, what is your relationship with Leffot or G & G? Being in the shoe business I am very interested in both retail and repair. I know people in all aspects. We get called upon from very prestigious makers (some are mentioned in SF if not every day a few times a week) to do repairs that were rejected by their factories. I went to Leffot for the first time a few months ago. I had heard great things about...
I prefer Dainite. Here's why: 1. They offer great traction. 2. They are made of superior rubber. I have seen variations of the commando sole. They are not all equal in quality. 3. They last longer than any commando sole I have seen. 4. They are made by Dainite. Any soles with a similar pattern that are not stamped "Dainite" could be imitations. 5. They have been "time tested" for over 100 years. 6. IMO they are dresser looking. 7. As stated in an earlier post,...