or Connect

Posts by Nick V.

Bring them to a local cobbler and have them stitched on one side so they will stay centered. The stitch should be done on the seam so it won't be noticed. It should not be stitched in a way that will not interfere if you need to change the laces in the future. __________________ Nick V. www.bnelsonshoes.com
Try this: Insert shoe trees. Apply "Water and Stain Remover". This can be found at a local repair shop. If you can't find it try a 50/50 mixture of white vinegar and water. Use liberally over the entire shoe. Let dry. Repeat process if necessary. Apply a coat of "Water and Stain Protector". Let dry. Condition and polish. Set edges with sole and heel dressing.
Just wanted to wish you and your families a very happy Thanksgiving.
Quote: Originally Posted by distinctive You have Vizsla in NYC? I can't imagine trying to get the energy out of that one....prob one reason why he chews stuff. Bitter Apple does work quite well. That is a cute pup, what kind of terrier is that? I would say that if it had to happen, the dog chose a good spot to chew and a good color to boot. Perhaps your pants will cover most of the damage. I imagine a good leather repair guy could sew on a few...
Quote: Originally Posted by sho'nuff Nice puppy Try some "Bitter Apple". Worked like a charm on my Vizsla. I forced him to bite down on a leather pocket of my pool table after I saturated it with BA. He would hang-out w/me while I shot a few racks but wouldn't touch the leather.
Quote: Originally Posted by Tomasso Marty Mathis Clothiers 608 2nd Avenue South, Minneapolis, MN 612-341-2833 Good Guy.....If you stop in tell him I said Hi!
Quote: Originally Posted by ThinkDerm paging nick V of b nelson shoes I think I finally located a source in Europe. Just waiting for their response to my emails before I place an order. I'll post when they are available.
Quote: Originally Posted by bengal-stripe Yes "we" are absolutely sure. That "˜laminated sole' is an urban myth. There never was any manufacturer who laminates his outer soles out of thin layers of leathers. Here is a picture how it works (taken from Carmina/Albaladejo): See the flap folded back, while the stitching gets placed. It is exactly the same principle as in a hand sewn shoe. Here is the flap opened in a bespoke shoe to take...
Just because the stitches are visible does not mean the soles are done. There are a few reasons for this. 1. They are stitched with a lock stitch. That means each stitch is independent of itself. Just because you see worn stitching does not mean the sole stitching will unravel further around the welt. 2. "G's" are manufactured with a hidden stitch. The edge of the sole is shaved around the border of the shoe. The flap created is folded, the sole is than channeled and...
Quote: Originally Posted by bigbris1 Actually, it should be pretty straightforward for your cobbler to cut off the existing soles and cement on new ones. You can get replacement Vibram soles, too. Not quite that simple but, yes they can be done.