or Connect

Posts by Nick V.

I went to visit it today. Bright lighting, thoughtfully lay-ed out, with lots of nice styles to choose from: 600 Madison Ave. 212 535-2100.
Quote: Originally Posted by deveandepot1 Do you have pics? It's a closed trade show. For that reason I don't bring a camera.
I attended the MRKet show at the Javits Center this week. The fall line AE presented caught my eye. Among them, some trads with cool new twists.
Good Lord... This thread has been gut busting hilarious to me!
Quote: Originally Posted by bluesdance Whoa... McKay stitching. I googled that and got nothing. Still, it makes sense... what kind of price range are we talking about for extended tips? I can come visit your shop cuz I live in NYC PMed
The soles were McKay stitched on. With some, your toes will "roll" over the front of the sole leaving no protection for the uppers. That's what's causing the scuffing. Others may roll out to the side rather than the toe. Treat the scuffed area with polish and keep an eye on it. If it continues to get worse bring your shoes to a local cobbler and ask them to put extended tips on them. That will extend the sole slightly while preventing the scuffing.
Next time you need heels ask for 15 iron. They are slightly thicker and last longer. Another option is to ask for JR heels. They also last longer.
Quote: Originally Posted by josiahsiung are these jobs very costly? Between $20 and $30. Depends on where you bring them.
It will keep happening. Bring them to a local cobbler and have them replace the liners. FYI...super glue is the worst cement/glue that you can use on leather. It seals it, dries it out and, makes the leather become brittle enough to crack.
Quote: Originally Posted by Texasmade Boys have a penis, girls have´╗┐ a vagina. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVjaB1rruu0&NR=1