or Connect

Posts by Nick V.

Quote: Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH Nick is definitely the best, but I had a bit of an issue recently. I brought in a pair, and paid to get switched over from leather soles to dianite and have a new welt stitched in as well. I paid in advance, when I received the shoes not only was a new welt not put on, the old stitching wasn't pulled out and looked all knotted up in the welt area. I guess that is what I get for paying in...
Quote: Originally Posted by Brogued Yep. Back to the cleaners. Same here.
Nice production both on the shoes and the video.
Crockett & Jones opened their new Flagship Store in New York today. Great selections. 7 West 56th St. (bet. 5th & 6th). (212) 582-3800.
Quote: Originally Posted by archetypal_yuppie ^ Well if you're going to point out that a mistake was made, please share what it was... To begin with the sole and sole guard were not roughed sufficently. That's going to cause delaimination. I highly doubt that a DIYer will have the nec. equipment at home to set the sole with the nec. force to set effectively. OP let us know after a few wearings in wet weather.
Thanks for sharing but it won't hold. One or two wearings in damp weather and you will realize the mistake you made that will need to be corrected by a cobbler. I like to save when I can. I'm also a DIYer. However, When I need legal advice, I pay a lawyer, Finanacial advice, I pay an advisor. When I'm sick, I see a doctor.............
Quote: Originally Posted by upnorth Is that also true for Alden made Brooks Brothers Shell? I'm not certain but it makes sense that they do.
Allen Edmonds and Alden's use Joh. Rendenback soles on their shells. http://www.lederfabrik-rendenbach.de/index_gb.html
Quote: Originally Posted by Stax I like something like this: http://www.colehaan.com/colehaan/cat...&productGroup= $128.00 for two pieces of rubber and a couple of pieces of leather?? Great deal for them not you!
Quote: Originally Posted by emptym I haven't seen a channeled Dainite sole (open), but when I showed a normal pair to one of Marcell's students, she said she didn't know why companies didn't channel them. Nick, could a Dainite sole be channeled? I have an old pair of cheap loafers and some moccasins that have channeled rubber soles. I'm assuming that they were molded that way, but would it be difficult or unwise to cut a channel into a rubber...