or Connect

Posts by Nick V.

Quote: Originally Posted by bengal-stripe Church's only uses a short (heel only) sock. - Most other ready-to-wear manufacturers use a sock of half length. Beg to differ. Church uses a heel seat (the shorter one) and a 3/4. The 3/4 ends under the arch of your foot.
On the topic of hidden stitched soles. I would have to agree with Dean. Customers view the wearing or pealing as a flaw in production and/or material used. Customers often come in with let's say a pair of Lobbs, point out that they can now see the stitching and complain that, that shouldn't happen. I explain that it's really not a defect but a result of normal wear. It's most common in the toe area also, laterally across the ball of your foot either on the inside or,...
Here are two models from Chruch's new line built on the number 137 last along with their custom shoe trees.
Dainite is the best rubber I have ever used. Lot's of companies are knocking-off the patern and selling them as Dainite. The rubber is not the same quality as Dainite. Keep an eye out for this if you are looking for a true Dainite product.
Quote: Originally Posted by Atlantic herring I found them at selectism, http://www.selectism.com/news/2010/1...pring-2011-13/ I would have to guess that these are not on the 137 last. I'll check and get back. Maybe with some pics. When I have the chance.
The movie was Dangerfield's "Easy Money" a classic! Chillin and grillin with the kids (3) today. Happy Father's Day to all the Dad's out there.
http://www.mynewsletterbuilder.com/e...ter/1410912155
Quote: Originally Posted by Leather man Many thanks Nick. I thought someone had seen them in a London store as well? - or did they mean if you are in the U.S. you won't see them on line only in store? The line is being handaled as a launch. Therefore they are only availble in Church stores.
Quote: Originally Posted by Leather man Thank you Nick - all very informative. Would you feel able to contact your source again to find out if the soles are made from oak bark tanned leather ( I feel they ought to be at this price - is it £630 or £660?) - also I'd like to know if the trees are lasted or generic in shape. Quite understand if you feel you can't ask your source again about this range. Peter Just asked.....The soles are...
Quote: Originally Posted by kev777 Nope me too, any insider info ????????????????? I asked a very reliable source at Church. Here is the response: HI Nick This is what our store signage states: Inspired by the echoes of the 1930's, our new luxury collection is the pinnacle of everything Church's. Made over the sweeping 137 Last, it combines the Finest leather with beautiful hand finishes afforded by our experienced Northampton...