or Connect

Posts by Nick V.

Quote: Originally Posted by Joenobody0 ^^ Hey Nick, that post is all messed up for me. Were you trying to quote and post a picture? Yea....sorry, I'll try and figure it out.
[quote=Nick V.;3390186]Thanks.....I think? We do it every day. 360-270 on lasts, by hand, through the original holes. For the record, refering to another post, yes we are a high volume shop. However, "get-it-out-the-door-fast" is a mentality one of which I never have nor ever will subscribe to. Further, I refuse to employe people who do. Here in NY it's the norm. A dime a dozen. Does not impress me, rather, a turn-off. Back to a topic brought up (it seems like a...
Quote: Originally Posted by Fishball Here is the link to show how a welt repairing was done. and also the link for whole re-welting. Nick, No kidding, many works still doing by hands here in HK. Thanks.....I think? We do it every day. 360-270 on lasts, by hand, through the original holes. For the record, refering to another post, yes we are a high volume shop. However, "get-it-out-the-door-fast" is a mentality one of which I never...
Quote: Originally Posted by Fishball Nick, Yea, I think I misunderstood on the pricing. Is it basically your staff overcharged the OP, when you discovered, you gave him a fair discount and also the shoe tree? If so, that is very good customer service. However, I still think the shoe should be rewelted when the fault was clearly done by your staff, Doing it by hand or machine is out of the question. All of the HK cobblers do the rewelting by hand if...
Quote: Originally Posted by Fishball I really find it very difficult to understand Nick reasoning. As I read, the wrong price was quoted by the shop, agreed and accepted by the customer, then that is the problem of the boss and salesman, not the customer. Anyway, it shouldn't be a excuse of a bad job done. Yes, I know and agreed that a re welt is not needed on the normal resole, and I don't think the OP ask for it. The problem is the cobbler screw up...
I would be remiss not to respond. We are a labor-intense business. Labor = human beings. None of are perfect and I never professed to be. When something goes wrong we do our best to address it in a reasonable, fair and, practical manner. I constantly monitor our work and service compared to my industries'. I realize it's in my best interest to compare objectively with an open mind. If I see a way to improve...I will. To my eye and knowledge I have never seen a shop...
Quote: Originally Posted by KObalto Is this what you're talking about, Nick? Looks like it's called Guardsman now: http://www.jensco.com/thekitchendraw...mover4002.html That's correct. I heard they had to change the formula slightly. With that they changed the name just recently.
Try some Afta. That usually works. Condition/polish after the Afta dries.
Quote: Originally Posted by Fishball Nick, Since HK never snow, I don't really know how they perform on snow. However, I just wonder what make Dainite superior material to Vibram. The "Eton" sole used material called "SP", some Montagna model use the same material according to Vibram Italy catalog. The Dainite and Eton are both sold at Japan market, and I don't see any cobblers complain vibram as being inferior to dainite in terms of...
Quote: Originally Posted by Fishball Nick, Since HK never snow, I don't really know how they perform on snow. However, I just wonder what make Dainite superior material to Vibram. The "Eton" sole used material called "SP", some Montagna model use the same material according to Vibram Italy catalog. The Dainite and Eton are both sold at Japan market, and I don't see any cobblers complain vibram as being inferior to dainite in terms of...