or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:

Posts by Nick V.

You can also try adding a heel lift. They can be purchased OTC in most shoe repair shops and some large drug stores. It goes inside the boot in the heel area. That will slightly lift your foot away from the irritating area. Once the boots are broken in remove the heel lift.
If you have not had the opportunity to attend a trunk show at Leffot, they are well worth planning to do so. Here is the spring line-up: Graziano & Girling Basil Racuk Alfred Sargent Edward Green Rider Boot Co. For more information, info@leffot.com Or www.leffot.com
Quote: Originally Posted by Crane's Yes!!!!! They came out just fine. Original 1000 Mile Boot Commando Resole 1 by DYSong Photography, on Flickr After seeing your pic. I realized we are talking about two different things. The OP asked about full soles. That's what I was referring to. When you say 1/2 sole I interpreted that as a replacement sole. The intent of the Raptor sole is to add traction/wear and, they resist moisture. Although...
Quote: Originally Posted by Crane's Vibram makes half soles and heel plates for this. I just had a pair of 1K boots resoled with them. !/2 soles on a 1K pair of boots? Nooooo!
Quote: Originally Posted by ManofKent Yes, and there are goodyear welted Vibram soles in different lug patterns... True but, they are to thick for dresswear IMO.
Quote: Originally Posted by upnorth Vibram is a brand with many ranges of product. Commando is a type of thread pattern not exclusive to Vibram, most British shoe makers use a brand called itshide. I fail to see how you can/ would want to compare a brand vs a product type. Correct.....Further, the Itshide Commando gets stitched on. The lugs are recessed so they can't be seen from the profile. It's a much sleeker look.
Good advice from above. I would try their suggestions. If you are still left with some slippage add Velcro to the inside bottom of the heel of the shoe and to the bottom of you're heel.
Quote: Originally Posted by Eustace Whoa Nick. Let's not get out of control with the whole "facts" thing. Keep it speculative. Dis-prove me. We'll go from there. I got lot's more.
Sometimes I read the posts on this forum and it boggles my mind..... Someone will make an ill informed comment without bothering to research the facts and others jump in with their opinions. Even less informed. In October 2010 then Governor Doyle appearing at the Allen Edmonds factory in Port Washington announced "$1.5 million in assistance for Allen Edmonds Shoe Corporation to expand and create up to 200 new jobs". Part of his platform was "high quality...
Quote: Originally Posted by yousad Cant revise my post. Styleforum is not amenable to dissenting opinions in case u havent noticed first cameroon gets banned, now his sidekick osborn too, because these two fairies, slewfoot and bengal-stripe complain to the "MODS" because they disagree with a perfectly legitimate opinion Oh my god they will ban my IP. you guys know as much about style as you know about the internet you cant really ban anyone...
New Posts  All Forums: