or Connect

Posts by Nick V.

Quote: Originally Posted by fuji Didn't they buy them quiet some time ago? They were negotiating but it just became official.
I just heard from a very reliable source that William and Jonathan Church have completed their purchase of Cheaney Shoes. I expect some real nice things to come from the new owners. More to come....
Quote: Originally Posted by KObalto That's what I thought at first, but it's on the very edge and not that wide. Looks like a small razor cut on the very edge. So any all-purpose quick drying glue will do? Also, is it true you guys refurbish JLs complete with beveled soles for around $200? Can you see the stitching under the cut? We use Master's All Purpose. The beveled waste, hidden stitched re-craft is $175.00. $200.00 would be the same...
Can't say I do. It's a Norwegian welt, stitched through the side of the upper then down through the sole. Nice boot.
I just got the new "Fall Collection 2009" catalog. It's the best AE catalog I've seen to date. The layout is well thought, the pictures are a bit larger, most importantly, it's much more informative than past catalogs. Good reason to stop by your local AE store and pick up a copy.
The soles were channeled and hidden stitched. Sounds like the flap that's pulled back over the stitching peeled back. All purpose quick dry will do the trick.
Quote: Originally Posted by skefferz For a romantic dinner I suggest: Greenwich Village - Blue Hill (American) 75 Washington Place $$$ East Side - Central Park BoatHouse (American) - center of Central Park (East 72nd Street) $$$ East Side - Cafe Boulud (French) 20 East 76th Street $$$$ East Side - Convivio (Italian) 45 Tudor City Place (East 42nd Street) $$$$ East Side - Park Avenue Autumn (American) 100 East 63rd Street...
www.artisanalbistro.com. A bit different, loud but fun and great food if you care to share some Fondue. 2 Park Av. For brunch: www.balthazarny.com. 80 Spring St. You can visit the Village and Soho after chowing down.
Quote: Originally Posted by billiebob I just noticed a dime sized hole in the center of my CJ for polo Darltons' sole. I can't believe I've worn them through this quickly. The outer layer of sole is worn through and there a cracked leather midsole material showing through. I have over 30 pairs of shoes and have maybe worn these shoes 20 times. The rest of the soles are fine, as are the original heels and toes, as I use the kiwi plastic taps on those....
Quote: Originally Posted by kasper007 should have been more clear, i don't really care if it's exactly the same soles (brand and everything), as long as it's of equal or better quality and looks the same (rounded edge over the arch, etc). But i'm not sure if the round edge is something that is manufactured or can be done by the cobbler... JR soles are at least as good and in most cases better than the original maker's. The rounded edge that...