or Connect

Posts by Nick V.

Quote: Originally Posted by Xiaogou Nick, it's not the color that is an issue. Those black (newer) insoles are quite uncomfortable. There is no way that the beige insoles of 10 years ago are the same as the ones being used today. I didn't imply "that the beige insoles of 10 years ago are the same as the ones being used today". I simply responded to "youngscholer's" claim that they were not leather. The fact is, they are. I also said that...
Quote: Originally Posted by youngScholar +1. How can they say they have a commitment to quality when they won't even use a leather insole? Boy oh boy! I have to much to say for one post. So, I'll start off with this: Regarding their insoles, they are leather. They will soon be changing the color from black to a color that is closer to the color of their linings.
Here is an excerpt of a post written by Paul Grangaard, President and, CEO of Allen Edmonds. It appeared on Ron Rider's blog: "Regarding customer reactions to our quality, our largest customer by far is Nordstrom and they have a highly sophisticated ~60,000 sq ft facility in Seattle called their Nordstrom Quality Center. There they monitor retailed products(including shoes) that are returned due to quality issues, and they do their own quality assessments of...
Quote: Originally Posted by East Oakland Does the spongy rule apply on blake/rapid constructed shoes? I have a pair where it looks as thought the outer sole had worn through, but because there is still another layer of leather underneath, the sole is not at all spongy. See pic below. I suppose I should go ahead and get these resoled before the layer of leather underneath starts to get too worn? Don't wear them any longer. Do them now.
Quote: Originally Posted by fritzl Nick, i haven't worn out leather soles in years. i have, depending on the season, around ten pairs in rotation. i've worn out "topyed" soles after 3 - 5 wearings. no issues after i replaced them with leather. do you have any idea on this? I have no reason to doubt your claim other than to say this: I my 33 years of expierence I have never heard a claim even remotely close to your's. Therefore, I...
This debate has been discussed many times in this forum. It really comes down to personal preference. Some no matter what, prefer walking on and the look of leather. Breath-ability has no impact. Nor does flexibility or balance. I never lost a debate with a maker regarding said. So, these comments regard economics only: I am using averages here. Everybody's different. Generally, sole guards last twice as long as a 9-10 iron leather sole. Assume it takes you a...
I get this all the time. In fact a pair came in this afternoon from a AAAC forumite. Same situation. Here's part of my email to him: Your shoes arrived this afternoon. First the JR soles come with a combination rubber/leather heel. On the originals they have a double row of nails with a "V" plate. We can do a re-craft with either option. Some like the originals others complain that they are slippery so they prefer the JR heel. It's a question of the user's...
Quote: Originally Posted by voxsartoria The big news this year is that whnay. is on one of the horsies. Look for the deerstalker, and bet with abandon. whnay. will be the first jock in Derby history riding with saddlebags of mint juleps and a handy siphon. - B Say it in a human language but my pick (holding my nose) paid $152.40!!! Hit two Derby exactas in the last 3 years. Nice payouts. It took a 50/1 longshot to upset last...
The glue factory is gonna be busy after this one. Where did this Field come from? I threw out the ponies and went with jocks and trainers this time. Even still I had to blindfold myself, spin 3X's and throw 2 darts: Ice Box (who I liked at 20/1 before the scratches) and Super Saver exacta box in the slop. It should be fun but wait till next year for a triple crown hopeful
Quote: Originally Posted by Wes Bourne Nick, wasn't Cheaney bought by Church's some time ago? You know someone at Cheaney huh?... Yes and yes. Dedicated people. Congrats to the Habs, nice upset!