or Connect

Posts by Nick V.

It's the cork footbed and leather insole that creates the ability for the inside bottom of the shoe to mold to the bottom of your foot. Think of it like stepping in damp sand. You will notice under your big toes, your toe crest and, ball of your foot a dramatic impression. Although AE shoes will mold much more subtle than when you step in sand, it's the same idea. Therefore, used shoes (unless they were not worn enough to take shape) will not be comfortable to the second...
Bring them to a reputable cobbler. Have them install back liners and stitch it closed.
The heels are spent. Look at the upper left corner, you can see that the leather is gone to the rubber inlay. Press down in the center of the sole. Is it soft, spongy? I suspect it is. If so, bring them to your local cobbler and have them resoled. They are not Goodyear welted. Look where the sole is stitched. It's not through the welt. The soles are stitched to the bottom of the upper. That's Blake (or McKay) stitched. What they have is a "dummy...
Ditto above. However, my daughter is a soph. in college. She rakes in unbelievable $ in sales commissions (womens clothing). Here are her "go to" sources: www.luckymag.com. www.instyle.com. Good luck, you'll need it!
Quote: Originally Posted by distinctive Nick, could you share another fact of how you restore cordovan? Perhaps the other Nick could chime in as well. Shell cordovan is vegetable tanned not chrome tanned. This means that their is a large amount of oil and wax within the skin. Therefore it is not necessary to polish often nor use heavy coats of wax polish. Simply brush and cloth them off as needed. This will remove scuffs and restore the...
This was just announced: http://www.martymathis.com/trunk-show-2009/
Among other things.....that's not a hidden stitch
I attended Steven's trunk show last night. Great display of Edward Green's "Top Draw" collection and Epht'ee's custom trunks of all varieties. How about some comments from others whom attended? The show continues today and Saturday.
I guess you don't like to "rush into things".
Fishball is correct. However the Vibram 430 is a 14 iron sole. Based on the OP's question that sole is way to thick for an Alden Cordovan boot. It would make the boot clunky looking. I don't think he would be happy with that.