or Connect

Posts by Nick V.

Quote: Originally Posted by osborn A good shoemaker spends some time thinking about the "shape" of the sole and how that influences the confort, style, etc of the shoe. Then some ugly american buys it , takes it to the cobbler and says can i have two big metal/rubber stilts on the back+front of my expensive shoes please his back looses all alignment and as a consequence he needs to buy some more to re-align his spine, while creeping out everyone around...
Received my Spring 2011 catalog today. The Strawfut and Sanford are back in the lineup. They are joined by some nice new weaves and others along with some new matching belts.
Quote: Originally Posted by Xiaogou There is a black punch cap that I am interested in. Where do they rank in terms of quality & construction? I don't know the particular style you are asking about. They have a new line out consisting of 5 styles. The line is called the "Claridge" the #471 is a calfskin boot. Caught my eye, a real knockout....
I went to visit it today. Bright lighting, thoughtfully lay-ed out, with lots of nice styles to choose from: 600 Madison Ave. 212 535-2100.
Quote: Originally Posted by deveandepot1 Do you have pics? It's a closed trade show. For that reason I don't bring a camera.
I attended the MRKet show at the Javits Center this week. The fall line AE presented caught my eye. Among them, some trads with cool new twists.
Good Lord... This thread has been gut busting hilarious to me!
Quote: Originally Posted by bluesdance Whoa... McKay stitching. I googled that and got nothing. Still, it makes sense... what kind of price range are we talking about for extended tips? I can come visit your shop cuz I live in NYC PMed
The soles were McKay stitched on. With some, your toes will "roll" over the front of the sole leaving no protection for the uppers. That's what's causing the scuffing. Others may roll out to the side rather than the toe. Treat the scuffed area with polish and keep an eye on it. If it continues to get worse bring your shoes to a local cobbler and ask them to put extended tips on them. That will extend the sole slightly while preventing the scuffing.
Next time you need heels ask for 15 iron. They are slightly thicker and last longer. Another option is to ask for JR heels. They also last longer.