or Connect

Posts by Nick V.

It depends on your gait. Some pronate inside or out. If that's the case keep and eye on the inside and outside borders of the soles lateral to the ball of your foot. In some cases that's the first area that thins out do to wear.
Most likely the heel bases need to be reset.
A skilled cobbler can do that.
http://tmagazine.blogs.nytimes.com/2...ry-west-shoes/ http://www.wwd.com/footwear-news/men...-lloyd-3091247
Awesome work DWFII. Reeks of skill and pride.
The rubber part of the top lift is one piece designed to accept the clicked out leather piece. It is laminated on top of the rubber. That's why from time to time the leather may de-laminate and separate from the rubber.
Quote: Originally Posted by Fishball Nick, That means you know how to do it, but your company just don't want to do it! DW, I've seen it done on a gemmed shoe with a good result, even they don't have the orignal last. What's wrong with you? I never said we couldn't do it. Fishball, back in April of 09 you PMed me requesting that I ship (New York to Hong Kong) you a few pair of Dainite soles and heels. You explained that you you...
Quote: Originally Posted by Joenobody0 ^^ Hey Nick, that post is all messed up for me. Were you trying to quote and post a picture? Yea....sorry, I'll try and figure it out.
[quote=Nick V.;3390186]Thanks.....I think? We do it every day. 360-270 on lasts, by hand, through the original holes. For the record, refering to another post, yes we are a high volume shop. However, "get-it-out-the-door-fast" is a mentality one of which I never have nor ever will subscribe to. Further, I refuse to employe people who do. Here in NY it's the norm. A dime a dozen. Does not impress me, rather, a turn-off. Back to a topic brought up (it seems like a...
Quote: Originally Posted by Fishball Here is the link to show how a welt repairing was done. and also the link for whole re-welting. Nick, No kidding, many works still doing by hands here in HK. Thanks.....I think? We do it every day. 360-270 on lasts, by hand, through the original holes. For the record, refering to another post, yes we are a high volume shop. However, "get-it-out-the-door-fast" is a mentality one of which I never...