or Connect

Posts by Nick V.

I have a nice working relationship with the 6th av location. This morning I called Sergio and told Him about this thread. I also forwarded it to Julie, the store manager. They really appreciated the OP's comments. Julie in turn, forwarded the thread to AE's Retail Director. As large as the company is and, as fast as it's growing, it's run closely knit. It wouldn't surprise me if the CEO is already aware of Sergio's effort. They take as much pride in their cs as they do...
Quote: Originally Posted by lee_44106 95% of SFers are blind followers. There are less than a handful of true innovators or truly knowledgeable. Anything produced in small/smaller quantity is also automatically assumed to be "better" ++1 Can't confirm your percentage's but agree with your thought.
Great new service from AE: 1. Pick a style. 2. Select you're size. 3. Highlight any or all panels. 4. Select the color (leather and suedes available). 5. Chose the edge finish. http://www.allenedmonds.com/webapp/w...0000000001_-1? Have fun!
Agreed DWFII, also it's that staple that could have caused a nail to deflect while being clinched on. Who knows? I showed the OP an example of that when he initially brought his complaint in. With the sample shoe, the customer insisted we put the staple there. We don't even have that sort of staple in the shop. We just fixed it and shipped it back to the customer. I learned a long time ago that no matter how much experience you have, on occasion things may happen that...
Quote: Originally Posted by Poshak Man makewayhomer, sorry but you completely miss the point. Though, a nail did finally emerge from the toe of the shoe, my point was that pretty much all the damage to B. Nelson reputation was self inflicted by Nick's responses. I do not deal with tailors, cobblers etc. who I ever would have to call 'an absolute unequivocal liar' or allow them to call me one. I'll just walk away with my business before it got to that...
Quote: Originally Posted by upnorth Wow, I thought that we would have seen the end of it by Friday. I am refusing to believe that this is the same Nick who has so generously shared his knowledge with us in the past. Is this a disgruntled ex-employee who has hacked into his account? If not, for the sake of the firm, I would suggest no further participation, clearly PR is not your cup of tea. Yes it's me. I appreciate your sense of humor...
Quote: Originally Posted by gyasih Sorry for whatever errors come while typing. Again Nick? Why would I bring up SF, was it to apologize or throw it in your face? You didn't recognize me because I didn't have a suit on, so I said, "I am sorry about the post on SF. I wasn't trying to smear you." You mentioned how this has really put you in a bad light and how many customers you lost. I said, "as a man speaking to another man, that was really not my...
I have purposely stayed on the ropes, taking it on the chin for the last 2 or 3 days because I was interested to see how this forum played out. I wasn't aware that the OP started this thread until after he brought his complaints in. Later he revised the title.?? Verbal discussions disappear. Comments on the internet are indelible. They can be damming forever. I stand by my earlier post/s that the OP was not fourth-right. He knows it and I know it. Even today, He states...
Quote: Originally Posted by gyasih No problem, most people don't think I gave him a chance to resolve. My posts #1, 9, and 16 all point to my dealings up to the point where Nick, a representative of B. Nelson, said B. Nelson. Is it the final solution, I don't know and stated that we'd see today? Why don't you get off the computer and come and pick up your Shoes? I'm leaving at 4:00
Quote: Originally Posted by sellahi22 I have used Nick's services in the past and found him to be a true pleasure to deal with, in terms of both customer service and end results, and I wouldn't hesitate to work with him in the future. That said, I think it's important for a craftsman - especially a high end artisan who wishes to maintain a reputation for excellence - to firmly communicate the limitations of his work to laymen customers. If for whatever...