or Connect

Posts by Nick V.

Let it be known....Good for you!
Thank you Sir....Lends to my points. Still never got an answer, when you a make pair of custom boots and the customer complains they are to short. Do you scrap them and make a new pair?
This is becoming ridiculous. You still haven't answered my very fair questions. Why??
Precisely my point.....First you say "if they are true 9's the heel to ball will be the same". Then you say " a man with a foot that measures 9 7/8 long would GENERALLY have a heel to ball 71/4". Which one is it? All I ever said since you brought it up is, the difference you are talking about is so minute it's irrelevant. Then you go on about definitions of distortion and ruination again brining my integrity into question. I don't need your blessings.....I know the effort...
I never said much of what you are insinuating. I understand "heel to ball" is crucial. So is ball to end of toe in terms of comfort. I don't think you can argue that of our structural differences vary from person to person. Apparently, you didn't understand my point so, I'll ask it differently. Take 50 guys that wear a 9-D (on average, yes I know it depends on the last). Is the dimension from joint to heel exactly the same on all of them?I'm saying we have and do stretch...
No, we do it because it works.I learned about the process 3.5 decades ago. After witnessing tens of thousands of pair that we stretched over that time. I'm happy to report I have not received one complaint concerning how the "joint relative to the heel" was impacted.Given the time-tested track record that I experienced it would be ignorant on my part to stop offering the service because of one person's view. Just as it would be foolish on your part to stop doing something...
Unbelievable.....2010 was a record year for us. We almost hit that total already in 011. With typically our best quarter about to begin it's safe to say, either I can “grow, learn and, excel” or, I'm just lucky. Enlighten me because I'm to ignorant to figure it out.Some see machines as doing the Devil's work. I invest in machinery, only the best and, very expensive, in order to accommodate my customer's demands. I know their capabilities. I'm also very aware of the damage...
I simply responded to your sarcastic remark about gas mileage (you know, the gizmo) in my own sarcastic way. Sorry, that you took it so seriously. While I respect and admire your 40 years of "hands-on" shoe making experience I also weigh my own experiences. Happens to be they are more valuable to me. That added to me being third generation is well over 90 years of learning. Still willing to learn more and, will never know it all.I never said stretching the length could...
Then again, we recently stretched the length on a pair of Jermaine O'Neal's (Boston Celtics) and Joe Gibbs (former Head Coach of the Skins) shoes. I'm told they both were very happy with the results. But after 35 years, What do I know?My truck doesn't have a carburetor but, if you got something that will give me real gas mileage results.......I'll listen.
Have several of these: http://www.shoesystemsplus.com/cam80stretcher.html They work pretty well.