or Connect

Posts by Nick V.

Style is subjective to the customers tastes and traditions. I see a lot of talented, intricate work in your shoes. Good luck with your ecommerce project.
Quote: Originally Posted by tgt465 From the customer side, Topys are easier and cheaper to replace than soles. From the cobbler side, Topys yield more profit. That's not the way I run my shop. Fortunately, we stay busy enough that I don't need to use this approach. Just as I do, the customer works hard for their money. I don't feel that have the right to advise them for my gain. Rather, my value to them is to advise them on what's best...
http://www.allenedmonds.com/webapp/w...0001&langId=-1
I agree with DWFII. In general it's safe to cut the heels down by 1/8 to 1/4 of an inch without dramatically off-setting the balance. Here's what you can do to get the impact: Open a book so the pages are approx. 1/4 thick. While wearing the shoe, step on the pages with the ball of your foot only (not the heel). Raising the front portion of the shoe is equvilent to lowering the heel. That's an easy way of telling what the balance will feel like before having the job done.
I agree with what was said. If the home remedies don't work ask your cobbler to "wet-last" them. He should be able to treat the effected area with a stretching solvent (the solvent will not damage the leather). It should be applied inside the shoe in the area that needs to be eased. That should do it.
Don't know about pricing but you can find a nice selection here: http://blog.leffot.com/category/brands/edward-green/
I have a nice working relationship with the 6th av location. This morning I called Sergio and told Him about this thread. I also forwarded it to Julie, the store manager. They really appreciated the OP's comments. Julie in turn, forwarded the thread to AE's Retail Director. As large as the company is and, as fast as it's growing, it's run closely knit. It wouldn't surprise me if the CEO is already aware of Sergio's effort. They take as much pride in their cs as they do...
Quote: Originally Posted by lee_44106 95% of SFers are blind followers. There are less than a handful of true innovators or truly knowledgeable. Anything produced in small/smaller quantity is also automatically assumed to be "better" ++1 Can't confirm your percentage's but agree with your thought.
Great new service from AE: 1. Pick a style. 2. Select you're size. 3. Highlight any or all panels. 4. Select the color (leather and suedes available). 5. Chose the edge finish. http://www.allenedmonds.com/webapp/w...0000000001_-1? Have fun!
Agreed DWFII, also it's that staple that could have caused a nail to deflect while being clinched on. Who knows? I showed the OP an example of that when he initially brought his complaint in. With the sample shoe, the customer insisted we put the staple there. We don't even have that sort of staple in the shop. We just fixed it and shipped it back to the customer. I learned a long time ago that no matter how much experience you have, on occasion things may happen that...