or Connect

Posts by Nick V.

Quote: Originally Posted by DWFII Nick, I've never seen that machine (send me a photo?)...but I don't know every machine either. Who could? But every pair of machine channeled shoes I've ever seen was done like the first figure. Also, just to be clear, we always cut a groove for the stitching to lie in, as well. The illustrations above actually were drawn to depict that groove...I guess they're just hard to see at this...
Quote: Originally Posted by DWFII There are any number of ways to channel an outsole...here's a little illustration that may clarify things a bit: An additional point should probably be made...in both cases, the "channel cover" will be glued or cemented down. How effective that is in preventing the channel cover from becoming ragged or in protecting the thread is, to a great extent, dependent on how quickly the covering is breached...ie. how...
Quote: Originally Posted by DWFII Well, I have no certain knowledge of how the C&J handgrade is channeled. Most of the methods for channeling an outsole attempt to leave an unblemished, clear surface on the outsole...regardless of how it is actually accomplished. So just a visual inspection won't definitively say whether it will get ragged after a few wearings or not. And yes, you're right generally speaking no matter how it is done the sole will...
Quote: Originally Posted by bengal-stripe Church's only uses a short (heel only) sock. - Most other ready-to-wear manufacturers use a sock of half length. Beg to differ. Church uses a heel seat (the shorter one) and a 3/4. The 3/4 ends under the arch of your foot.
On the topic of hidden stitched soles. I would have to agree with Dean. Customers view the wearing or pealing as a flaw in production and/or material used. Customers often come in with let's say a pair of Lobbs, point out that they can now see the stitching and complain that, that shouldn't happen. I explain that it's really not a defect but a result of normal wear. It's most common in the toe area also, laterally across the ball of your foot either on the inside or,...
Here are two models from Chruch's new line built on the number 137 last along with their custom shoe trees.
Dainite is the best rubber I have ever used. Lot's of companies are knocking-off the patern and selling them as Dainite. The rubber is not the same quality as Dainite. Keep an eye out for this if you are looking for a true Dainite product.
Quote: Originally Posted by Atlantic herring I found them at selectism, http://www.selectism.com/news/2010/1...pring-2011-13/ I would have to guess that these are not on the 137 last. I'll check and get back. Maybe with some pics. When I have the chance.
The movie was Dangerfield's "Easy Money" a classic! Chillin and grillin with the kids (3) today. Happy Father's Day to all the Dad's out there.
http://www.mynewsletterbuilder.com/e...ter/1410912155