or Connect

Posts by Nick V.

Be careful, the thicker sole you pictured will take away from the look you are going for. The heel you showed will be thicker than the existing heel. They can cut down your base to balance it but, you will loose some of the stacked look.The thinner sole that you mentioned can't be stitched on because the lugs go to the edge. I could be wrong but let us know.
Their web site will answer most of your questions:http://www.lederfabrik-rendenbach.de/1/company-profile/history/
Thought I should comment here.... First, I am not a journalist nor do I profess to be. I am simply a guy in the shoe business. Over my 35 years in the business I have had the privilege of meeting many upstanding people in the business. So, although my interviews do not meet the standards of traditional journalism, they are not intended that way. The intent is to share with SF by bringing out the realism of some of these people and the true passion for excellence they...
Sounds like the heel bases are loose. Bring them to a reputable repair shop and have them re-set.
Saphir Medaille D'or
No it's not...the underlay goes through.Take a closer look. Take my word for it. That's how they are designed/made. There's a purpose for that.If I recall, you designed a method for preserving the wear of a toe or heel, homemade. You were going to post the results....How did that work out for you?
Only the top-lift which is laminated together. The base should stay in tact.It's common that cobblers will remove the entire base and add a solid rubber heel taking away from the appearance of a high-grade shoe. Then, they up-charge another customer and use your leather stacked base. Bad for the industry. Use a reputable cobbler and be specific in what you want. They'll know what to do.
No can do..... The rubber portion is an underlay the length and width of the entire top-lift. The leather portion of the lift is laminated to the rubber. You can see it from the angle in this...
A pair of ladies ankle boots came in last week. CL's w/those spikes. Looked insane and weighed a ton. Also, hard to maintain. How would you polish them?
While I can't confirm your comments as fact, I suspect much of it is true. Way back, there was no alternative to leather. As times progressed, rubber and poly became an alternative. This benefited the maker (cost saving) and user (better wear and traction). The combination leather/rubber heel was developed. That offered the "feel" of walking on leather with the "wear" and "traction" of rubber on the rear of the heel. As that became more practical and popular the solid...