or Connect

Posts by Nick V.

Quote: Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba Which would make it tough to keep your heel from slipping....no? 1/4 inch is safe. Some have the heels built up 1/4 inch on the inside 1/4 on the outside. This way you get a 1/2 inch that is hardly noticable.
Quote: Originally Posted by Wes Bourne Not Dainite, but similar no? Wes-- The pattern is similar but the quality is not even close. I've seen several come into the shop because the sole splits at the toe where it is stitched. That won't happen with Dainite because it's a much denser form of rubber.
Some add lifts inside the shoe.
Quote: Originally Posted by cptjeff I think AE charges the same for danite as they do for leather. AE does not offer Dainite.
Chances are the soles are McKay stitched. That allows your foot to "roll" from side to side and forward at the toe. This compared to Goodyear stitched which is less giving. Something to consider, when the shoe stretches in length it may stretch to a point that it overhangs beyond the sole. That can cause the toe of the upper to scuff. I have seen people wear holes right through in that area. If you want to try the 8.5's ask the salesperson if you can exchange them if the...
Quote: Originally Posted by HORNS I'm confused about a step in the documentation of the EG recrafting - they are replacing the welt, which contradicts what I thought was most important about Goodyear welting. I was under the impression that this welt's purpose was to enable easier resoling, so if you're going to remove it every time you resole, why not just use Blake welting? It's really not nec. to re-welt every time a shoe is re-crafted. I...
Quote: Originally Posted by gary3594 I looking for some SWIMS. What store did you purchase yours from? Don't know where you are from, Allen Edmonds stores carry them.
Some have sole guards applied.
Quote: Originally Posted by red120 Strictly online?.. Saw title mention NY, but no info on site for location. June 5-27 Saturdays and Sundays 11am to 5pm Governors Island in the historic homes of Nolan Park
www.artofcraftsmanship.com.