or Connect

Posts by Nick V.

If you were interviewing the CEO or a top executive from a high-grade Men's apparel company, what questions would ask them?
Happy Canada Day. It would be a good idea to use a non-silicone waterproof. Even though you don't plan to wear them in the rain, treating them will give you a little protection against an accidental spilage. Also try to avoid wearing them with jeans. The denim will stain the leather.
Quote: Originally Posted by stinsonbass When it comes to boat shoes you can check out Timberland they have a very very small logo which is like carved in the leather (not sure about that but I am kind of lazy to go and check out my shoes xD) anyways one thing is sure the logo is almost invisible. The other option could be Tods but they are in a completely different price range. Hope that this helped Oh and one more thing not a fan of sneakers so I...
Quote: Originally Posted by GSG I do not see why adding rubber midsoles to your shoes would imply that you can not afford the shoes. It is just a matter of extending service life, and getting the most value out of your expenditure. Instead of changing full soles once every two years for $100, I would rather change rubber midsoles a couple times at $20 each, and safe $60. Exactly......then there are those that prefer the look and feel of...
Quote: Originally Posted by Patek Shoes are like any other consumer item-they are meant to be worn. If you have a decent rotation (10-20 pairs), you should only have to worry about a resole every couple of years. By the time a shoe come up for a resole, you should have been able to decide if you like them enough to resole them or if you are bored of them and toss them. The way a good shoe wears is part of the beauty of a leather sole. If you don't...
Quote: Originally Posted by jeromestyle Topy is French, but where is vibram from? Is Vibram part of the Vibram FiveFingers footwear family? Most protector sole are made of? What is the most resistant material for a sole protector? Why the thin layer of Topy lasts just a few weeks? It sounds like you are adding the sole protection over a worn sole. If that's the case any brand will wear quickly. The intent of a sole protector is just that. It...
We use both Vibram and Topy. No complaints on either. Vibram is thicker and IMO has a better tread. Some prefer Topy. Topy will outlast any product I've seen with the same thickness.
If you are going on the Northway exit 19 has this: http://www.factoryoutletsoflakegeorge.com/ Not nearly as large as Woodburry but worth the stop. Decent selection, way easier and less crowded than Woodburry. I'll be up there this weekend.
Quote: Originally Posted by clee1982 why don't you guys post it here as well. Used to be mechanical engineering here, thought that's in school, so probably don't know sh*t now Because as I explained to DWFII in my PM, I don't know how to post pics on SF!! Yesterday, I had to ask a friend that manages a Kinkos store around the corner if he could send the pictures of the new Church's seen earlier in this thread! Maybe DWFII will post the pics...
Quote: Originally Posted by DWFII Nick, I've never seen that machine (send me a photo?)...but I don't know every machine either. Who could? But every pair of machine channeled shoes I've ever seen was done like the first figure. Also, just to be clear, we always cut a groove for the stitching to lie in, as well. The illustrations above actually were drawn to depict that groove...I guess they're just hard to see at this...