or Connect

Posts by Nick V.

This is the first I have gotten around to seeing this thread. The title used by the OP, IMO shows bad intent. Only because He took the time to post before bringing the problem to my attention. The OP also was not forthcoming about our discussion today. He knows that I took the time to show and prove to him things that we were accused of doing, yet we had nothing to do with. Still, for good-will, we corrected. If he wants to explain, he can. He also knows that I suggested...
Perry's a great guy. He has a tremendous passion for his trade. We exchange ideas from time to time. He's very knowledgeable... I have samples of some of his offerings in my window for those locals that are interested in inspecting the quality and detail of his work.
They just need to br re-binded.
How about some constructive comment's from the astute. I see the trend going dressier. Maybe because of the job market. Those looking for work understand the need to dress-up. Those working, don't want to appear "dressed down" by those being interviewed. I think it's all good. Lends to competition, pride and prestige, most important..... performance.
Going a full size will change the configuration of the shoe. For example, the relationship of the throat to the vamp may look/fit awkward. The lines may appear out of place. Patterns on new shoes are "graded" to fit and look appropriate for each joining piece and the over-all look and fit of the shoe. Physically it can be done on many shoes (depending on the construction). Cosmetically, in most cases, the shoe won't look right on your foot. When new shoes are being...
It could be a broken or loose shank. I have seen cobblers drive nails through the soles to tighten the shank. You don't want that. If it's in the shank the sole would have to be removed in order to get to it. That means the sole should be replaced. Could also be a less envolved problem such as a loose heel base. All the cobbler would have to do is remove and reset the heel. Ask your cobbler what he plans to do before you leave your shoes with him.
Sounds like the ate McKay stitched. Look inside the shoe. Chances are their is a 3/4 heel seat. Look past the heel seat towards the toe of the shoe. Do you see any stitching?
You can also try adding a heel lift. They can be purchased OTC in most shoe repair shops and some large drug stores. It goes inside the boot in the heel area. That will slightly lift your foot away from the irritating area. Once the boots are broken in remove the heel lift.
If you have not had the opportunity to attend a trunk show at Leffot, they are well worth planning to do so. Here is the spring line-up: Graziano & Girling Basil Racuk Alfred Sargent Edward Green Rider Boot Co. For more information, info@leffot.com Or www.leffot.com