Posts by Nick V.

Russell w/a pocket.
I understand your concern....However, so far thousands shipped world-wide.No casualties to date.
Being in the U.S. I'm not familiar with the product. Looking at the label I suspect there is an ingredient in the formula that sort of glues down the nappe of the suede. I don't think this stuff is made for dress-wear. You may want to contact the maker and ask for their suggestion: Highly effective impregnation for smooth and suede leathers as well as textiles. Protects shoes, bags, and leather garments from wetness, repels oil, and dirt. Recommended also for foot-wear...
What suede protector did you use?
Thanks for the kind remarks.Aside from that, I'm glad this issue came up.We deal with several pair of cords everyday. Some customers have a preference of what we use to finish them, others don't. Some have a preference on how they want them to look, others don't.For example, there are 4 basic customers in terms of how they want us to finish:1. I'll leave it to you.2. A mirror gloss.3. A matted healthy look.4. Don't touch the uppers, I like the patina.There's no right or...
As mentioned above exotics are dry skins by nature. If they are not regularly moisturized the skin will crack within a short period of time. However if you treat them regularly with a conditioner they will last for decades. Saphir Reno. is a great product in this case.
I had the chance to stop in and talk to Eric today. It seems both Eric and Allen Edmond's are happy with the terms of their agreement. For those interested in Alden's, he has a large selection reduced to 30-40% off.
We use far more JR then any any other leather. Never get complaints about it.
In this months issue of Men's Health mag. (May) I'm quoted on this topic, page 80. Fine sand paper is very effective..... Just be careful how you use it.
+1 we sell tons of them and never got a complaint about how quickly they wear.To the OP are you sure they are authentic Dainite?I'm seeing more and more knock-offs not nearly the quality though...