or Connect

Posts by Nick V.

Include that The MDO line spreads very generosly. A little bit goes a long way. Factor that into the cost. It actually turns into a good value.
I'd like to interview a Person that is the shoe buyer for a well respected label here on SF. What questions would you like me to ask?
I'm certain Sheila can help you.sbone@cheaney.co.uk
We use both Reno and Venetian all the time. Neither changes the color. You may be rubbing it to hard into the leather.
Can't put sole guards on them. They're to far gone. A local guy may do it but he's stealing your $.From what I can see, they are not double soled, they are a single sole w/a Good Year welt. Shows normal wear.Don't put a half sole on them. That would compromise the structure of shoe.
27 posts? I can tell by your comments in this thread:http://www.styleforum.net/t/274665/stefanobi-shoe-repair-sole-came-unglued-what-happens-next#post_4957844You're the sort that comes off as an authority, as he sounds but, in terms of shoes, knows very little...To associate me with Larry King is a knee slapper...! BTW, I realized early, I was not a fan of his. So, I stopped watching him.I'll say it again, I'm not a journalist, I'm in the shoe business. Larry King is and...
A reputable cobbler can cement and stitch them down...Won't happen again.
Editor's note: As an ongoing series, one of Styleforum's resident footwear experts, Nick V. of B. Nelson Shoes in NY, is compiling interviews with shoe industry insiders, including company owners, designers, and other personalities. This edition finds Nick V. talking with Nick Horween, Director at Horween Leather, Chicago. Check out Nick V.'s previous sessions--more to come soon: William Church, Joesph Cheaney & Sons Shoes Paul Grangaard, CEO, Allen Edmonds Also be...
I'm totally left handed.... Watch on my left wrist.
Dries it out. Bad to use.