or Connect

Posts by Nick V.

Here is the label off a gallon of Sellari's liquid stretch. They don't say what it consists of. We know that alcohol is in it. We don't know how much. You can smell it. Not overwhelming though but, it's present. Perfume? No trace of that to my nostril's. From my personal experience with the product I can't dispute any claims the maker states on their label. And, as I stated I have never seen it cause any damage. It's simple, the product was formulated for specific intent...
Yup....I would have to agree with him. I could be a number of things. Really hard to put your finger on just one.
I know.....My point was in my 40 years we must have gone through several 1000 gallons of it. Never caused any damage nor have I ever received any complaints about it.
Then I stand corrected. Did you ask them to do that or is that part of their normal service? That's like making a new shoe. I can't see how it's practical. Did they originally come with a full sock liner?
I just wanted to clarify some things. I never said or implied that when we re-level an insole it would be" like new". How can you take an old piece of leather and make it new? The solvent used is the same solvent used to stretch shoes. It's also the same solvent used prior to inserting a last preparing for a re-sole. In my experience I have NEVER not once seen that solvent damage leather. It's purpose is to make the leather more pliable. That's what it does. Nothing more,...
I'm talking about the upper lining. No way they replaced that or the toe box. It would be more cost effective for them to give you a new shoe than do all of that!I'm asking about the sock liner. Is it full (heel to toe), 3/4 (ends under the arch) or a heel seat?Do you remember what it was originally?
Exactly! Except the issue of the term re-crafting is still up in the air.
Lot's of this I can't agree with.
Could be but shouldn't happen.I'm curious though. Was the shoe made with a heel seat -or- 3/4 liner?Then maybe they installed a full sock liner?That little difference could effect the fit.