or Connect

Posts by Nick V.

Yup....Ron being Ron, I agree with him.Merry Christmas to those that celebrate it.Happy New Year to all.
Welcome aboard Nick.Thank you for sharing.We can use some open-minded, civil people that just want to share their experience and knowledge here!!!
Picture of G. Cleverley blind stitched. Stitching exposed.
Yes but you can still see traces of the stitches. That's what I was talking about.
There are different methods.My guys were working on a pair of George Cleverley's this morning. They pulled back the flap for me. It appears that they were not grooved prior to being stitched. I'll post a picture when I have a chance (don't know how to do it, I'll get my son to do it later).As a personal preference we do the grooving and stitching in two steps. Two separate machines. Even though our stitching machines are designed to do that in one process I feel that doing...
Added....a grove is channeled prior to stitching. The stitches lay in the channel. This way when the flap is folded back over there won't be any evidence of them. The channel also helps protecting the stitches from prematurely wearing out.
You shouldn't have any problems getting to the entire shoe if you insert shoe trees prior to starting the work.
There is no difference.....Every pack of JR soles comes with a letter that explains it.Here is what it reads:Dear customer"The oak in the triangle", the association of traditional tanner's seal of quality has for many years guaranteed premium sole leather manufactured using the unique methood of traditional ground-tanning. First class raw materials, vegetable tanning agents, a tanning period of up to nine months and a stringent quality control is the secret behind this...
Thanks and always happy to share when I can. It's not about business, it's about sharing knowledge. I see so many things on this thread that are more hurtful then helpful.