or Connect

Posts by Nick V.

I'm done with this thread. Ridiculously pathetic at this point. I'll watch though....What? Are you quoting yourself now?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdLIerfXuZ4
Exactly.
shoefan...I assume that you know but for those that don't, the sole has to be removed. If the welt is in good condition it gets re-attached to the ribbing. If the welt is weak it gets replaced. A new sole is attached. I realize that you asked a hypothetical question. Unfortunately the only response I felt comfortable with is in itself hypothetical. My point was that is you have to compare apples to apples. In other words the same amount of shoes made by each method used...
What do you mean by my photo is textbook?
For the record....the shoe in the photo was an Alden shell cord boot. The soles still had some life left in them. The customer wanted us to convert them to Dainite soles. I saw nothing that would indicate abusive wear. Rather the thread simply failed. As mentioned several times I see this far more often than ribbing failure.I also agreed waxing the thread makes a big difference. It gives strength, locks better and, is more moisture resistant. Be it perspiration or weather...
I don't know why this point is repeadly ignored?But what ever........
Here is the exact model and color I purchased:http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sennheiser-momentum-on-ear-headphones-black/1794157.p?id=1219064877547&skuId=1794157On sale for $146.99.At the compared prices....Sen's made in Germany all the R&D and quality that goes into them virtually no marketing compared to Beat's and the others.Where are they made? I think I'll tell my Son to sell his beats, buy his own pair of Sen's and put the leftover money in his savings account.You got...
My 19 year old is a huge N.B.A. fan. A while back he came home with a pair of Beat's headphones. He asked me what I thought of them. First of all they were all plastic. They felt like you were wearing coffee mugs. The sound was horrible. No mid-range or high-end. They sounded like you were listening through Dixie cups. I asked him what he paid for them. I was floored....$300.00. Now he works for his money and as long as he saves I have no problem with him treating himself...
Here is a picture of the thread failure I mentioned yesterday. Any shoe repair shop will tell you that they see this occur far more often then gem failure:
I once had a conversation with the owner of a internationally very well known company. During our discussion it came out that they were changing their business plan. When I questioned it he told me "I'd rather sell to the asses than the masses" When I heard that I lost all respect for him. The Guy can buy a small country. My brother owns a prosthetic and orthopedic company. One He started Himself. He is very well respected internationally in the trade. A few years ago he...