or Connect

Posts by Nick V.

Just to clarify, this is the one:http://www.cheaney.co.uk/country-leisure/35/cheaney-tweed-c-country-boots-in-almond-grain#Thanks again for the kind words.
Yes, I understand. However, I saw a finisher and trimming machine. They must use it for some of their tasks. Just didn't notice an out-sole stitching machine. Do you know that their process entails hand-stitching all of there re-soles?Just curious.
Regarding the out-sole hand stitch, I didn't notice an out-sole stitching machine in his shop. Maybe he doesn't have one. Then again everything else was done by hand. So, we really don't know....Interesting video though.
No, they are stitched on with very reliable Landis machines. It's a lock stitch.Custom work is for example, changing a 270 GY welt to a 360 storm, adding a mid-sole, changing the welt color/finish, converting to Dainite, Itshide Commando it goes on and on.....
You are ridiculously pathetic and more obviously paranoid. I don't know why but, that's you're problem.....To you and you're dreams:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUsfk7rUf2UI live in the real world.
Some good points made here. The reality is that the makers encourage using their re-crafting services. That's understandable because they want to keep you as a loyal customer. It also aides in making the sale of a new shoe. However, they are not trained to deal with typical repair issues. Rather, their mentality is to run the shoes through a sort of assembly line. It's a factory mentality/operation. If anything needs more attention, needs to be pulled off the line, it cuts...
Really? Now you are really being disingenuous -or- As I have said in the past a phony.My guess is a true self anointing phony. But, I won't let you chase me away.......(Go to confession and tell them of your lies). You well feel better about yourself.
Skirting the issues get again. I brought some legitimate viable points to the discussion. But you as our "self proclaimed" Grand High Mystic Ruler can't handle controversy. I didn't ignore anything. I addressed it. You have intimidated and chased many away. We all know that. Yes, you have admitted that you are a crotchety old timer and that's you're style. Fine, you have lot's to offer. Great but, if anyone has a "pattern" sadly it's you. Criticizing spelling, grammar, for...
Same price as GY welted. Prices are listed on my web-site. It's the same work unless you request some custom work done. Then the price can vary.
I think you give me to much credit.....What are you talking about???