or Connect

Posts by Nick V.

For this coming spring summer we have a new pattern for our Hand Grade collection in Beaumont, a new pattern for our Main Line collection in Cobham and an offering of colour-way options from existing styles in Harvard and Hartland. Ebury is our stand out style for this season, and although unit sales will not be high, it is hard not to enjoy our first ever double monk spectator. Please find attached our SS15 New Styles release: IMG...
My comments in post #13148 pretty much sum my experience and as a result my opinion on the topic.As I mentioned earlier it's basically a "low and slow" process. If you wind up with creases you didn't ease the leather, you forced it.For the DIYer's if you are going to a wedding lets say tomorrow and want to blast the shoe because you're afraid they will be killers by the end of the night rest assured you will wind up with creases at the very least maybe worse damage.Of...
People have been successfully stretching shoes long before DW's career began and will continue doing so long after mine ends.But I agree obviously proper fit is more important. It's not unusual to have "hot spots" in even a properly fitted RTW shoe. The first question I ask a customer is can you tolerate the feel? I usually get a response something like "yes but by the end of the day they hurt". If that's the case I tell the customer instead of stretching them wear them...
Any competent cobbler does this on a regular basis. If it were risky and, he is competent he wouldn't offer the service.We leave the shoes in the machines at least overnight. I prefer not to do this vai the mail. We tell customers if it needs to be done a second time we don't charge for the second go-round. If you have a local guy with a good reputation he can and does do it.The idea is to ease it not force it.
http://www.mrketplace.com/76744/new-york-times-launching-mens-style-section/
Looks like a storm welt with a brick colored mid-sole and 18 iron brick cushion crepe out-sole.They should be very light and flexible. I won't take long to break them in.
I have a pair of C&J double monk straps. Med. brown suede. Always get compliments on them. Just brush them out, put them in trees and bags. It's easy for next use.....
Yup a disaster in the making.Why don't you have any suedes?
Please dont..
Thanks PB....We have tried so many, I wrote it up to a lost cause.I'll give it a shot though.