or Connect

Posts by Nick V.

My guess is if it "contains" those ingredients it's one thing. Those ingredients being "primary" is another.
It has nothing to do with how much product I purchase. It has to do with relationships that I have established over the years. Those relationships turned into friendships built on mutual trust and respect .I can't tell you how often I see comments in this forum that are totally false and conjured up and since those comments are written, the words turn some into believers. Sometimes I'll print what I know are the facts told to me by CEO'S and Presidents other times I won't....
Looks like this is another version without the shank area stained black:http://www.paulsmith.co.uk/us-en/shop/mens/shoes/men-s-tan-leather-knight-wingtip-brogues.htmlIf that's the case it's a combination leather sole with a built in rubber inlay.No need to put a sole guard on them. You are already getting the benefit of that with the rubber.
I sent an e-mail this morning to one of the owners of Saphir and Tarrago brands. We are friends. Here is what he wrote back: Saphir Renovateur 75 ml. is a water based product, which is non oily and contains mink oil and lanolin. Saphir Nappa Renovateur 75 ml., which is another formula, contains jojoba oil and wheat proteins, water based also. For very very delicate leathers, like nappa. So NO turpentine! You can post that , for sure.
In a general sense yes. But consider this....Your feet contain about 250,000 sweat glands, which can produce as much as 1 cup of moisture a day. Not everybody but, in some cases. I go back to my original point cream polish is better for your shoe and foot. That's all I'm saying.
You see? Here we go again.....Moderator, maybe you care to PM us again. Who's picking the fight? I don't care to partake. Last word doesn't matter to me. Just willing to share my experience and knowledge. Not to be a self anointed know-it-all. I'll wait to hear from you. WADR.
Pic?
Very cool looking skin. Definitely DON'T use the mink oil. Creams and conditioners as long as they are not oil based.
Sorry but I disagree. Compare the thickness and breathe-ability of the insole to lining and upper leather. Add that the foot bed generally is comprised of cork and rubber cement. That in itself hampers the ability to breathe. And, that is why moisture won't leak through the bottom of the soles on a rainy day. I've used this example before....Take a cork food bed mixed with rubber cement and submerge it under water overnight. Cut it in half the next day. You will find that...
Some of whats being reported here is precisely why I recommend cream polishes over wax. High-grade skins are not tanned to look like mirrors. They are tanned and should be maintained to reflect the integrity and beauty of the skin itself. A high gloss shine, to me, cheapens a skin that you paid a lot for to look like what it is meant to look like. Of course this is a cosmetic issue and just my opinion. Cream polishes and conditioners penetrate deeper into the pores and...