or Connect

Posts by Nick V.

Please do and let us know one way or another.
We are talking about mass production here. If they can figure out a way to fix the heel problem without creating a huge expense for auto-nailing the heels. Keep in mind, last I heard they manufacture 2600 pair of shoes per day and want to keep within a certain price-point made here in the U.S.A.With that in mind it's certainly not cost efficient for them to "dump loads of ink on the surface and edges". Further, I see several brand new pair per week out of the box for sole...
We wrote about two different things. First, the rubber heels on AE are improved.Then the finish...If you didn't like the finish and the two shoes were not alike why did you buy them?About the finish....This is exactly why I refuse requests to do antiquing/burnishing of the uppers. It's all subjective. After spending hours on a job that we think looks really good, the customer had a different idea of the result even after he told us what he expected. There a few guys out...
How new?
It's internal stuff. No big mystery but I know they worked on it.
I believe AE is now using an improved rubber top. It also holds better to the base.
Yup....lot's of machines were retro-fitted from hot wax to liquid. I like the hot wax better than thread lube. Even the smell of it which I haven't gotten a whiff of in many, many years. I miss that too. It was worth the maintenance. Nearly every shop has people capable of doing typical repairs and make-shifting parts but I insisted on annual maintenance by a mechanic and we kept it up during the year. When something more complicated like rollers failing we needed a...
30+ years ago my Father bought a defunct shoe factory at auction. Included were boxes and boxes of old lasts. Several dozen. At the time they were of no use. He was just interested in the equipment/machinery. So He burned the lasts in our downstairs fireplace. Now look at people spend for them: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR3.TRC2.A0.H0.Xwooden+shoe+lasts&_nkw=wooden+shoe+lasts&_sacat=0 Who would have thunk? I had 3 USM outsole...
For this coming spring summer we have a new pattern for our Hand Grade collection in Beaumont, a new pattern for our Main Line collection in Cobham and an offering of colour-way options from existing styles in Harvard and Hartland. Ebury is our stand out style for this season, and although unit sales will not be high, it is hard not to enjoy our first ever double monk spectator. Please find attached our SS15 New Styles release: IMG...