or Connect

Posts by Nick V.

Since you enjoy bringing things into the mud. I graduated from FDU, 1979. Maybe you graduated BSU around the same time. As, you love to skit the issues. Re-read what you posted earlier.
Quite frankly....You're na,na,na does not impress me.I threw out a fair question. Find someone/anyone in the know of shoe construction that would agree cemented soles are as good as GY welted.
Of course Men's and Women's shoes are constructed differently. That's based on cosmetic appeal. Women's vs Men's. It's not fair to compare.And, of course you can't compare hand-made bespoke vs RTW Goodyear welted.It's only fair to compare apples-to-apples, not oranges.I'll stand by my comment.....It will be hard to find a knowlegdable person in the shoe biz that would agree a cemented sole shoe is even close to a GY welted.Then again, we could ask the members reading this...
I think you will have a hard time finding anyone in the shoe business that would agree under any circumstance that a cemented sole is as good as a Goodyear welted shoe.
This will be their 6th store in London. It's scheduled to open next month at Canary Wharf, Cabot Place. In the making, shoe care and, repair films will be playing in the shop. Of the 1600 square feet 1100 will be used for retail. There will be a Ladies section promoting the new Ladies Collection designed by Mrs. Jones and Her Daughter Philippa. Also the new Mens fall/winter line will be on display. C&J continues to do a great job growing their brand while maintaining...
Maybe I didn't explain it well but, here is a picture of what I was trying to explain:
This is what I was referring to.
A blind stitch covers the out-sole stitching. It has nothing to do with the stitching that connects the in-seam to the welt.
I wouldn't suggest Super-Glue.It's two rigid and can dry out the leather and stitching making them brittle.The soles are stitched using a lock-stitch method. If a few of them get damaged it doesn't mean the rest will unravel.
Perhaps I didn't do a good job explaining.....I'm not comparing a RTW high-grade to a hand made. We agree that on a HW the void between the insole and out-sole is more shallow than a RTW. I'm also not talking about the quality of the insole. I'm more speaking in terms of forming. In the high-grades made today the filler has a part to play. Possibly a bigger part than years ago. Generally speaking, the foot-bed will compress more under the ball of the foot and pretty much...