or Connect

Posts by Nick V.

I just wanted to clarify some things. I never said or implied that when we re-level an insole it would be" like new". How can you take an old piece of leather and make it new? The solvent used is the same solvent used to stretch shoes. It's also the same solvent used prior to inserting a last preparing for a re-sole. In my experience I have NEVER not once seen that solvent damage leather. It's purpose is to make the leather more pliable. That's what it does. Nothing more,...
I'm talking about the upper lining. No way they replaced that or the toe box. It would be more cost effective for them to give you a new shoe than do all of that!I'm asking about the sock liner. Is it full (heel to toe), 3/4 (ends under the arch) or a heel seat?Do you remember what it was originally?
Exactly! Except the issue of the term re-crafting is still up in the air.
Lot's of this I can't agree with.
Could be but shouldn't happen.I'm curious though. Was the shoe made with a heel seat -or- 3/4 liner?Then maybe they installed a full sock liner?That little difference could effect the fit.
Something went wrong.....Have you contacted the company?
I doubt that the shoes got tighter if they were done correctly.They may seam to be tighter bc the new sole is a more rigid piece of leather than the worn out sole was.The new sole being more rigid pulls the upper down making the shoe feel tighter but actually the shoe hasn't changed size.They should break in relatively quickly.
You wont find riveted shanks in a GYW high-grade shoe. An inexpensive shoe is more likely. Metal or wood shanks are mostly found in high-grades. They are curved or ribbed. The curve or rib gives the shank added strength and also holds to the footbed preventing the shank from shifting.
Looks like a mismatched pair to me.