or Connect

Posts by Nick V.

It would be nice if Alden's offered an an option to the Commando such as Dainite. Very popular these days and wear better than Commandos.
As I'm typing...... I went through emergency oral surgery this week. Did I ask what was in the 8 shots of Novocain he needed to blast me with? No. Was I stupid for not asking the Doc what exactly was in the stuff? Well....If you never hear from me again that will answer that question. Didn't even order the pain killer prescription (Vic.) Advil worked fine.Try reading that label. I can't read it even wearing my 300X readers!!! It's really not right to accuse and criticize...
When a new product hits the wholesale market and is reasonably priced compared to what we are currently using we always try it and test it against what we have been using. We always decide to use the one that is most efficient and reliable. These days it's rare that the chemical companies introduce new products to the repair trade. I suppose it's not lucrative enough for them to do so. Hence, most of the products we use today are the same products we have used for...
FirstStop referring to me as a tool, shill, apologist. You don't know what you are talking about. I call it as I see it. So, in cases I dispute you. I know that's impossible for you to understand.So I guess that you are admitting that Prime Leather Finishers and Paule are producing within Government guidelines. I hope they are.Barge? I don't use it. You can tell me about it.Happy to hear about your Friend. Prayers for his continued recovery. Us in the industry know that we...
I don't think it's that simple nor a hoodwinking on the part of the makers of these products. At least here in the U.S. the ingredients used in these products are heavily regulated by the Government (imported products as well). They just can't dump anything they want in their product to be used for public consumption and not want us to know. The Government knows and either accepts or rejects the product for consumption. The makers know they must follow the guidelines...
Personally, I prefer cream over wax.
If you know what you're doing, maybe. I've seen countless pairs of shoes ruined or damaged because they were over done over thought.Chances are before you get really good at this stuff you did some damage on your own stuff. Part of the learning process.....
No prob....pleasure to help.Thanks for taking the time to preform these tests.
Excellent product as well. Try to use it in a ventilated area.
It's best to use an effective product rather than nothing.I can't tell you how often customers bring in suede footwear damaged from the unexpected.They tell me that they "didn't plan on wearing these in the rain but we got an unexpected rainfall".More common than that is they were out at a restaurant an some food or drink accidentally spilled on them.Just something to consider.....