or Connect

Posts by Nick V.

The worst that happened to me was..... During my college days I worked as a part time auto mechanic. I had just finished a job and had grease on my hand. I was leaning on a door frame and slipped. Went right through a window pane. Wound severing my artery. Within minutes I almost bled out. Luckily there was a cop at the station. He reached into my arm and pinched my artery shut until the ambulance arrived. Six days later I got out of the hospital with permanent loss of...
It's been written in the past that we both enjoy woodworking.I don't laugh about how you made the first few handles. I envision it perfectly. Makes me laugh, the very things I've told my sons not to do, I did them. It's dangerous stuff. When you're doing it you're aware of the danger but, take the chance. Even lathes can be dangerous. I find them really safe to do a cork handle on a fishing rod. That's about it.What's a jet?Hazards got to me as well. I'm 10 years your...
Excellent idea. I'm certainly on board with it.Thanks for the suggestion....BTW.....DW posted an interesting article about awls today in the "Shoe-making techniques and traditions.....These foolish things". If you haven't seen it, it's worth the look.The pictures show hand tools that look like antiques. They're not, they were made new and still used today. They certainly have blood, sweat and maybe some tears on 'em.They belong in a museum some day.It's one thing to write...
WADR....I doubt that the uppers are pulled in. That would make the job cost prohibitive. I just looked at their "shoe re-crafting" video. No trace of pulling the uppers in. The cork could be a factor. I say that because the old foot-bed formed to mirror the bottom of your foot. Consequently that causes highs and lows to the insole. The new foot-bed will fill in the highs and lows.Then it is leveled. Because of that process you are left with more cork than when the shoes...
Generally, it's not that the shoes got tighter -or- changed size.It's because the new sole is more rigid than the old worn one. The rigid sole tends to pull the upper down making the shoe feel tighter.
Thank you. THE FACT IS I was voted the best personality of my graduating class from college a few 100 guys, I wanted no part of it.Life is strange I guess.if anybody calls me a lair I very simply ask them to prove it. Thank you for crossing me off the list It's certanlly mutual.Be where of the trolls.
I appreciate your thought's. Thank you.However.......A custom made bespoke HWed here in northern u.s.?I don't care how much you jump up and down.Won't happen......
DW totality lied about me. As he has in the past. To me that's a disgrace. A contract would prove everything. It' simple......
Are you ready for second grade?