or Connect

Posts by Nick V.

Fair enough but...what does one do when they truly have a difficult foot to fit regardless of the various lasts offered by various RTW makers? I see it quite often. In most cases they can not afford to have there entire rotation custom made.
In most cases when you use either of the devices mentioned they will tighten up the topline. How much? It varies.As you know I see some top high-grades on a daily basis. It always blows my mind when a customer brings in a new pair of shoes that cost $1500.00 or more and he has tongue pads slapped in them. Then again there are some with such difficult feet to fit that no RTW shoe will be a proper fit. In those cases it's use the OTC devices to improve the fit/feel or have a...
I agree anytime a shoe is not fitted properly it's a bad situation. If you use a thin piece of leather suede side out it will help grab the heel and eliminate some of the slipping. We are not talking about a bespoke shoe. The slight room it will take up would not have a noticeable impact on the treadline being moved.We are coming from different viewpoints here. I'm am focusing on making the shoe more serviceable without doing any damage and you are concentrating on the...
You may want to try a back liner and/or tongue pad to make up some length.
Interesting.....Thank you for your time.Just courious, do you do that with a knife -or- are there other hand tools used?
Interesting.....more evidence of how our businesses differ.Florshiem Gunboats have been very popular over the past several years. Not a day goes by that we don't see at least a pair or two. People are buying them used (Ebay/thrift shops). They bring or mail them in to us to custom finish the welts, mid-soles, bases and, out soles. Some request us to leave the welts as wide as possible. Others have us convert a 270 flat welt to a 360 storm.When you can post a photo, I'd...
They are popular these days but I understand the time consuming intricacies of making them yourself.
Do you make your own storm welts as needed?
?
Where did I "miss-quote" you?