or Connect

Posts by Nick V.

If a pegged heel sheared off -or- loosened to me it failed. All the other stuff you mentioned could happen with -or without metal toe plates being installed. If we happen across any of those issues we simply correct the problem. In most cases we don't even tell the customer. No big deal if done correctly.
Fair 'nuff.....We can use the same logic here. The same reason I never get shoes that we installed flush mounted metal toe plates returned where something failed.I've stressed this before and it bears repeating....."if done correctly".
Maybe I got this wrong......From what you are implying, water/moisture purges through the lateral portion of the base rusting nails that are coated? If so, why wouldn't the layers of the stack swell, soften and de-laminate?
Well, my writings are certainly sincere.I never said that your heel bases would come off.I answered the question asked of me. And, yes I've seen them sheered off. Just sharing my experience.
Yes I do know what I'm writing about. You're experiments are not even remotely close to the reality (application) we have been discussing. I consider them mute to the conversation.
I'm not saying that one functions better than another. I'm saying that if done correctly I see little difference. I can't even remember the last time I saw a pegged base but I have seen them before. I've seen extreme cases where the base took enough of a jolt that the pegs sheered off. I've also seen a nailed base take a similar hit and the base popped off. I can't agree that pegs are a potential subtle improvement in making a shoe. However, I will admit, that's up to the...
Years ago these were very common: http://www.dbgurney.com/product.php?productid=18237 They are shaped more like a spike than a nail. Very hard steel. Once they clinched they were a bear to loosen. They have a very small head but gripped very effectively. These days the high-grade makers use threaded nails. I have seen the black stain (that DW mentioned) around the head of some of these threaded nails. It's rare though. I wouldn't call the stain rust it rather looks like...
Well, if nothing came loose, why change anything?A few things though.Both the sole guard and sole should always be sanded. Using a machine will yield better results. Be careful not to disturb the stitching on the bottom of the sole.Contact cement will give better results than rubber cement.Contact cement should be applied to both sides. If applied correctly it should only take 15-20 minutes to dry.Rather than clamping the shoe to the sole guard (which won't give much...
I got a different German breed, the dachshund. Love my little puppy dog. :-) -Mike[/quote] I had one too! A brown short-haired mini, He took over our Sicilian household with His love and affection. We had another dog and two cats during that time. Fritz was the smallest, but, the King! What a personality..... Enjoy you're l'il critter!
I had dogs all my life. Loved 'em all. My favorite though was my Vizsla "Buddy". A true pal..... To bad they can never seem to get a good one for the Westminster show. The one they had this year had a white beard!! I managed to pick the winner on opening night, The German Short Hair, another great (fun) breed.