or Connect

Posts by Nick V.

No, I don't "pretend" (using one of your now famous words on this site regarding me). I was not comparing myself to those greats. I was dispelling your ridiculous reasoning/logic.I've said it before, I constantly discuss things with my guys in the shop. We exchange ideas. Some are mine some are there's. I respect and appreciate that.Since you you brought it up, My " little business" is FAR LARGER than yours at it's height.And no, as usually your are wrong with me.My...
I have seen damage done from both un-cared and over-cared for skins. I try to keep it simple for the layman by explaining that neither are good. There are lot's of very good products out there. Some have their own preferences to use. The key is keeping it simple, regular maintenance without over doing it. It also depends on the size of one's rotation/wear as well as weather conditions.
Applying your reasoning......Andrew Carnegie, Henry Ford and, the likes had little credibility because they never built the railroads, trains and, cars themselves. Based on your thinking, that reduces them to "sidewalk supers" (owners).Your argument is not convincing in the least.WADR I like your Dad's saying. It can be applied to common sense as well. Either way....You must be having lot's of fun.
Both sides are skived and joined. That joint can be called a seam according to the dictionary definition of the word. And yes cork can fail. You know that.I base my opinions from my experience and I have seen many more shoes taken apart and put back together than you.Any man would have to be a fool to believe another man telling him that what he observed and experienced over the last 40 years didn't really happen.I trust my experience far more than your writing. And that...
As I said, I don't like the seam, I don't like the overlapped stitching. And if it is not overlapped you will have 2 week spots where the stitches meet on both sides. Also I don't like patched corking. I prefer it applied together with no joints.Frankly, You seem to be a perfectionist. I'm surprised to read that things like patch-work and overlapped stitching are acceptable to you.
Several reasons. Some of which:No seam that could potentially fail.On a full sole all of the stitches are picked from the welt. That can't be done on a 1/2 sole. So, there will be double stitching where the 1/2 sole is joined.The foot-bed is completely stripped and replaced with a fs. On a 1/2 it's patched together.What are some of your reasons?
O.K. I'll withdraw the words "no brainer" and replace them with the statement "I'll take full soles over 1/2 soles on my shoes any day of the week". Which was my point.
So.....I guess hand welt vs gemming is not a no brainer to you.
For those interested, ask 10 cobblers which takes less time, doing a 1/2 or full sole? I'm quite certain the responses will be unanimous.