or Connect

Posts by Nick V.

Interesting and thank you for your response.I know 10 years is relatively a short period of time but, it seems like you have been seriously involved/interested/studying custom made footwear and traditions for a lot longer than that.During your career in the shoe business (and currently) have you seen trends in terms of style, leathers, etc....You and I have established long ago on SF that making new (Bespoke) shoes and repair are two entirely different businesses.I see...
Fair enough comparison for me.....DW, I'm curious and I don't expect a definitive answer just an estimate.Of all the footwear you have made over the decades what would you say the order ratios would be dress shoes to dress boots to work boots? Have you seen trends?Merry Christmas and Happy Hunaka to those who are celebrating!
Thanks
DW.....Have you ever have a hold-fast fail? If so, how would you correct the problem? My guess would be, to do it the right way one would have to replace the insole. Is that the case?
HMMMM.......Thank you for your clarification MWS. I think we all agree both methods have pro's and con's.I don't recall seeing a hold-fast fail. But if it does happen I suppose it can't be repaired rather the whole shoe taken apart so the insole can be replaced.
Thank you for pointing how, where, who I learn from. Clearly you are not clairvoyant. None the less, what would I do without you? As mentioned, don't take my word for what I print just ask your local cobbler. I hope that some of you do and post the response(s).
I think most will agree that HW is superior to GY. The issue of thread (and stitching) has been mentioned, and dismissed. IMO that is more important than the HW/GY debate. Anyone with legitimate shoe repair experience will tell you that the inseam is far more likely to fail than the gemming and/or hold-fast by a wide margin. But, don't take my word for it ask your local cobbler. If I understood the op's problem with his hw boots that's what happened.The inseam...
Yeah, I'm talking about you. Stop your cutie B.S. Do we have to be driven by a troll?
Wow! what a strange few days in this thread..... We went from advantages/disadvantages of GY welt vs. HW. I have agreed that HW is superior. We got to a point where C&J is detestable? I have been quoted by the same poster to his advantage then called a wag by the same poster. This was my only comment: I suspected a troll when he claimed that he didn't want to start a dust-up. That's all he's doing...... His argument is not even worth a reply. Supply yourself with what you...
I suspected a troll when he claimed that he didn't want to start a dust-up. That's all he's doing...... His argument is not even worth a reply.