or Connect

Posts by Nick V.

Forgive me if some of this was covered in the previous 4 -or- 5 pages. I didn't have the chance to read them but will when I can. Crockett & Jones spent over 150K in R&D and over a year in time developing this sole: http://www.crockettandjones.com/news/index/aw16-new-rubber-city-sole The money I mentioned and the time does not include finally purchasing a beginning inventory. The chemicals used in tanning sole leather are so dangerous to humans and our environment that...
Most likely the hole is from a tack that is used to nail the upper to the last during the manufacturing process.Its very common.....
]I don't know anything -nor- have heard any feedback about Santoni's re-crafting service. In fact I've need seen a job they did. Not even aware of their pricing......
J.M. Weston, expensive but less than competitors in retail price ranges.Crockett & JonesEdward GreenGraziano & GirlingAs per pB's experience Saint Crispins is an excellent value.
If my memory serves me correctly you brought this up in the past. I disputed it thinking that's not possible for the cost of $350.00. You qualified enough to convince me that, that's what they do. That being the case, they are not only re-crafting but, they are rebuilding the shoe. How they manage to provide such an extensive service at that price and yield any profit at all is beyond me. Of course I'm assuming that they fit great upon return. Maybe a bit of another slight...
We are discussing two different POV's here. I responded to some people's comments that SOME companies are charging what they (customers) consider to be excessive prices for re-crafting. A comment was made that maybe they deliberately do this as a way to discourage re-crafting, for whatever reason. I responded that several customers made similar remarks to me along those lines.The point is, that's how SOME of those companies are coming off to the consumer.When I mention...
Although I was never told this directly (by any reliable company sources) many customers have been sensing this ^.
That's really weird....I sense that what he offered was not an option to you but, an advantage to him.Why not ask him the pro's and con's and let us know his reply?
That may be the case for you.....I'm hearing more and more that the cost of factory re-crafting (not all but several and, I don't care to mention company names) has gotten beyond what customers are willing to pay.Gets me thinking, are those companies being short sighted? I ask because there are those customers that will stop buying a specific brand because they can't get their shoes re-crafted by the factory at what they consider a reasonable price.......Are those...
O.K. fine by me.....