or Connect

Posts by Nick V.

I would highly suggest that you try Orinda and post before and after pictures. Blind stitched and foot-bed replacement for $100.00-$150.00?YELP? They allow fraudulent remarks to stand. Then they contact you for a pay-per-click program and offer very positive results. When you ask that (ONLY) the the fraudulent comments be removed, they refuse. Many of my friends are business owners, none respect the value of YELP -nor- do any of them refer to the service for their own...
Often I hear customers say they don't plan on wearing them (their suede) in inclement weather. Then the unexpected downpour........Even more common I hear "I was at a restaurant (or bar) and something accidentally spilled om my shoes".It's better to be safe than sorry.The products mentioned are very good:Tarrago NANO ProtectorSaphir Super InvulnerHere is another effective, safe...
Super Glue will dry out the leather and make it brittle.Your much better of with rubber -or- all purpose cement. You can purchase either in small tubes.Good product(s) to have in the house.
Something is not right here....I agree w/R.B.'s advice. Contact AE.I would be interested to hear how the matter gets resolved.
In a discussion I once had with Nick Horween I asked Him what His favorite products were that He uses on His skins. He told me VSC and Saph. Reno. Happens to be they were and are my favorite 2 products as well.
Leather has sort of an elastic tendency. A slight memory. It's always best to wear your shoes around the house or office for a few hours before going out for the day (or evening) after they were stretched. While your foot is in the shoe and flexing the leather it is loosening the grain. This will aid in making the stretching permanent. Also, wearing them around the house will avoid the possibility of you going out for the day and half way through you realize your shoes are...
I would agree with that as well. Speaking for myself, I don't pay attention such statements or slogans. It's like asking a waiter how is the soup special?What would you expect him to say other than very good?IMO it's ultimately up to the consumer (and frankly their responsibility) to find out as much about a product or service before they spend THEIR money.
I don't agree...... These days it's pretty simple to find out what a company, individual and/or service, product is all about. It has nothing to do with hype. If you are willing to do some research you'll find out. Even on forums such as these.
Interesting discussion.... IMO it all boils down to how much pride and integrity does the firm, workers -or- worker have? Their reputation will answer that question.