or Connect

Posts by Nick V.

Again....do you really think that they will make you a bespoke pair of shoes, custom lasts, hand welted, and so on for a few 100 bucksDream on............
Nice try.Permission? What permission do you need?You won't answer the question because you can't.Maybe you will do it. Who else will?Now we have the forum (who ever is interested in this thread) thinking you can get a bespoke made shoe of their liking last, quality and all for what? $1800.00? Show me...I know you like your fly fishing. I never had the time to learn it but would like to some day. Did very well this past season w/the brookies and rainbows. Just floated some...
So....you really think that you are going to get a bespoke shoe from them, on your own last, hand welted for $1600.00?Only one way to find out. Contact them and ask. Let us know.....
Can you share them with us?
Does anybody know a firm here in the U.S. that would make a bespoke shoe for $1800.00? Lasts? I don't.....and if you know of one (please let us know) I doubt they would make the style shoe you are looking for. Added the quality of materials and workmanship I doubt would be up to the standards and quality we are discussing here in this thread. So what would be the point?
In my neck of the woods it's very doubtful to have a custom made shoe made for $1800.00. More like $2500.00 and north of..... IMO there is no right or wrong to this discussion. It comes down to how a customer is willing to spend his money. Earlier in this thread I mentioned the comparison of Lexus vs. Toyota. Was the Lexus built better? To me it was. Was the difference worth the difference in cost? Not to me. The next Guy is willing to pay. Which is right, which is...
^^ Funny....you accuse me and others of the very things that you are guilty of. Phoney? I take issue with some of the sky is falling alarming statements and theories that you spew. For the most part they are theory not reality. I know they are inaccurate from my own experience and IMO that is a disservice to this forum. I could care less about your opinion of my experience. I'm much to much of a confident secure person to give 2 shits about what you think. For instance,...
Disregarding others experiences is a cheap out. Even if their finger nails are clean. Some are willing to share their experiences. Doesn't mean you have to agree. But, don't question their honesty. Even though you started this thread (thank you) if you were truly sincere why take such objection to those with experience that differ with yours?Maybe add a disclaimer " as policeman do not dare disagree with me. Your experiences are not worthy nor welcomed". Then some of us...
Funny the opposite happened to me. FWIW, I purchased the business from my Father. I grew it to 4 stores in prime locations in NYC employing 40 people. That's when I started to hate it. I found I was loosing control of quality. I would have my day planned only to get a phone call that a manager or shoemaker would not be able to come in causing me to shuffle people around and scraping my planned day. I decided to scale down in order to focus on my priory servicing the...
http://access.van.fedex.com/made-in-america-allen-edmonds/Impressive isn't it?Would it be possible to satisfy their market using the HW method?