Posts by Nick V.

Are you kidding?Just to sleep unless you're a troll.
This pretty much confirms that you don't know what you are talking about. Unless, of course, you want to lean on miscommunication issues.You may know lots about finishes. Stick to that....
Oops......here is the attachment:  
I got this press release this morning. Beautiful shop.Thought some might be interested..... file:///C:/Users/user/Downloads/JOSEPH%20CHEANEY%20-%20Henrietta%20Street%20-%20Press%20Release%20and%20Images%20(8).pdf
I'm not disputing you, but that's unusual.They tan their out-soles to insure the consistency that they want. There are a few other components that they make themselves because either they no longer are available and/or what is available does not meet their standards.Best Zap.
Thanks....We work on them all the time. I don't recall seeing the staples exposed like that. They are pretty standard high-grades.Curious though (and I realize that this wasn't your point). But, did you do anything to expose the staples more -or- did they appear like that when You opened the sole?
I've seen that as well. Very rare that the staples are that pronounced -or- exposed though. I just looked at 14 pair in the shop opened. None even close.
If you don't mind me asking......What brand shoe is that?
I know it as a "stitch puller". After the out-sole is removed a piece of leather is held on the bottom side of the welt supporting it. The welt is run around the stitch puller. It is crown shaped and the points of the stitch puller are what removes the stitching. But, I agree it is rough on the welt and could weaken the inseam thread.It's much safer to hand pick the stitching that remains on top of the welt.I don't see how a machine could be developed to remove the staples...
Agreed, I never intended to imply that the staples will support the structure of the shoe or give it any strength.They act sort of the same way pins work when you are building a balsa wood model. Except the pins are easily removed after the cement dries. In the case of factory method shoe making the staples sort of get embedded.