or Connect

Posts by Nick V.

S.C. Johnson bought Melt. a few years back. They wanted to make the product more environmentally friendly. They decided to use less solvents and go in the direction of water-based products. As a result, all of the colors/formulas got messed up. Rather than work on correcting the problems they chose defunct the entire Meltonian brand. Being as large as they are it made no sense for them to pursue the shoe care product industry. There is no danger in using what ever...
My main supplier is the largest in N.Y.They had to send them back. I'll see if I can find out more info on why tomorrow.
Yes no more Meltonian as of this past July.
I would add that trimming the waist to narrow could take away from some of the support of the shoe particularly under the arch of your foot.
A good cobbler could disguise this easily but, for diy-selfer's you can do it with some patience's. Get a small tube of rubber cement. It's good to have in the house anyway. Apply a light film on the rough area (shoe not the the effected tab). Let set. Bring the damaged leather back to where it was originally. With the back of your thumbnail start from the widest area of the damage and drag it slightly beyond the narrowest point. Let the cement set for about a half hour...
Interesting videos DW and Duncan. Thanks for sharing.
Duncan-- Welcome aboard and thanks for sharing.....
Thanks Ron!
As I figured.....distort what I wrote, put words in my mouth, avoid answering legitimate questions, rather, employing your paranoia.Pay attention to the last four words spoken here:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wi9y5-Vo61wI don't care to partake in such adolescent posturing. It's like two hogs fighting over a Milk Dud.....you can have it, enjoy!Going back there was a mention of a John Lobb rubber sole (I think it was from BengalStripe) it's called "The November". I...
Well if anyone thought I was implying that rubber is safe to make and/or discard......I never came close to implying that. Of course it involves dangerous health and environmental issues. And if anyone is really that sincere regarding those issues then they shouldn't be driving a car (or bike for that matter). They both are equipped with rubber tires last I knew. For that matter if you are really sincere about killing innocent animals why use leather for anything that you...