or Connect

Posts by Nick V.

http://www.mrketplace.com/72524/prada-buys-french-tannery/
I agree with HMS and Bengal-Stripe. You just have to keep looking. My customer base wears nearly all high-grades. As a result they request specific products that are not always easy to find. I always contact my suppliers first. If they are not willing to source the product for me I do it myself. This can be very time consuming but well worth it if you finally get the product. We bring in several products directly from Euorpe that can't be found elsewhere in the U.S. We get...
I would also like to remind those reading this thread that oak barked tanned soles, soaked for approx. 9 months are readily available from your local reputable cobbler. That doesn't mean everybody here has access to them.
Clearly, you don't get the point.
Woodworking has long been a hobby of mine. If I am building a cabinet or something like a bookcase I use ply and cover the edges with veneer. After it is stained and finished it's nearly impossible to tell the difference. I do the same if the exposed edges are going to be covered with molding. For more elaborate furniture where the edges are going to be exposed -or- I will be using a router I use solid stock maple, oak, birch. whatever. I don't see the point in wasting the...
Here is a photo of a heel base taken in the shop today of a John Lobb. The top-lift is pre-attached by the factory. I marked the heights in regard to the heel breast area and outer portion of the heel.
Actually if you use cotton or flannel bags they will help keep the dust off of them and protect your shoes from being scratched. Those materials also breathe and will not trap -or- allow moisture to build up.
So I'll conclude that your educated guesses have been very effective and accurate. Agreed?
No kidding........really?Wow, I never knew that.
Then it would be my guess that you rarely if ever had a customer complain after you re-balanced a shoe without the original last. Maybe all of the shoe repair supply houses in the contry should be notified not to sell bases because without the original last they are useless.