or Connect

Posts by Mark Seitelman

Sure. Wear a white tux. You can get a job as a dance host on the Love Boat.
Yes. This outfit is totally out of place.A dinner jacket is not an odd jacket or a blazer to be worn with grey flannels.Even the Hollywood set who sometimes wear a tux tieless (ugh!) or with a four-in-hand (also ugh, but not as bad) NEVER wear a dinner coat as a separate.Ditch the odd dinner coat. It's either a full tux or nothing.
Oxford Clothes Individualized Shirts Martin Greenfield Clothiers Adrian Jules Hickey Freeman Hart Shaffner & Marx
Are you looking for 3-5 suits for a TOTAL cost of $2,000 or $2,000 per suit? I have the same question for shirts.If you are looking for a total cost of $2,000, then your choices will be limited.I think that your best bet would be LS Mens Clothes. They sell Coppley suits for about $600 per suit at the entry level.Good luck.
The earthquake came without warning. (They all do.) Therefore, no one could plan the day's outfit. Those who wore something ordinary can be excused. However, Hurricane Irene is on the way. Along with buying batteries and bottled water, a prudent person must make sartorial plans. There will be no excuses this time.
Take the tie to either Tiecrafters or John Kochis. They would know whether it is feasible. I sense that it is not worth the effort.
Demand that Chan not only do the alteration but pay for two way shipping. Also demand that they comp the suit. Seriously, don't be petty. Just get it done locally on your dime. It costs less than the shipping, insurance, and time.
1. Cego 2. Almeier
The coat is too short. The whole look is skimpy. The accordion wrinkling on the sleeves is due to lack of a lining. This is a good example of carrying too far the mania for unlined coats. There is a reason for linings. Rubinacci should have a recall.
As to buying separate collars, here is my experience. I tried them. I got it of my system. Unless you have the collar highly starched and polished, a soft detachable collar will look no different from a regular one. The old world look can only be accomplished with the starch and polishing. I found the collars uncomfortable with the collar pins poking me in the throat and back of the neck. I also had one shirt where the collar did not align perfectly with the shirt band.