or Connect

Posts by Mark Seitelman

http://www.gentlemansgazette.com/oxxford-clothes-chicago-factory-visit/comment-page-1/#comment-17987 It makes one want to order another Oxxford suit!
In his post-anchor years Mr. Cronkite also bought MTM at Brooks Brothers (by Martin Greenfield).I would add Brit Hume to the list. He dresses seriously to match his serious manner.
I agree, and I can impart my own experience.The so-called "lightweight" shoe is a lesser make than the regular Peal shoes made by Crockett & Jones and Alfred Sargent.I purchased the penny loafer from its website. It was originally $498, and it sold for $175.The "lightweight" shoe has the design stamped at the edge of the sole.The term "lightweight" is a bit of a misnomer in that it pretty much a regular loafter with full leather lining, Goodyear welted sole, and a leather...
Thanks for the video. Now I know where to buy those clothes that I always wanted (e.g., green reptile skin sportscoat, red cowboy boots, and kelly green fedora).
Keep them overnight in a vat of sulfuric acid. Seriously, sanding will make things worse. A good cobbler can shine them and try to cover-up the scratches. You have to accept scratches in leather shoes. Even house shoes get scratches. Good luck.
Intrinisically, no pocket square is worth more than $100. However, if you were to cross that bridge, the only pocket square that is worthwhile is Hermes which can be resold. No other maker has the cult following.Its mini-scarves many times sell for close to retail or above retail!No other maker approaches it in the resale market. Most average $25 to $40.
I think that the BT suits looks horrible. Too short, too tight. But, if this is the look that you want, go there. It makes no sense going to another tailor and asking him to duplicate another look. Most tailors would refuse.On the other hand, if you want a suit that fits, go to Mr. Ned.Good luck.
Take it to a good and honest tailor. There may be enough "inlays" to let-out the vest. If that fails, then he can tell you whether a new back is possible or whether it would also entail a new lining and would make the job too expensive.
Eight solid navy in all weights, weaves, and configurations. E.g., 8 oz. to 18 oz., SB, DB, 2 piece, 3 piece, flannel (both heavy and light), herringbone, serge, twill, and worsted. Although navy is the building block of a man's wardrobe, I am coming around to Will's thinking that grey looks better as one's hair starts greying. See Will at http://asuitablewardrobe.dynend.com/2012/01/complement-your-coloring.html
I agree with Mr. Despos. It looks like a tired thrift shop suit.Kuppenheimer is remembered today as the platform for the advertising art of JC Lyendecker, one of the great poster, advertising, and magazine cover artists. He created the Arrow Collar Man.