or Connect

Posts by Mark Seitelman

They are lovely shoes, but where you can wear them? For a screening of The Wizard of Oz?
Quote: Originally Posted by Butler Excellent sportscoat, cloth, and fit. However, the contrast buttonholes and cuffs detract from its easy elegance. These unnecessary details shout "hey, look at me, I'm bespoke!" My recommendation is to drop these details.
Quote: Originally Posted by LooknGr8 * * * Am trying to decide what to do on 5 new pairs. * * * My specific *new* question is, since I live in the northeast and it's impossible to avoid some rain/slush/snow precipitation (even though I'll be careful) should I just opt for the full rubber oversole (not including heel) instead of the partial Vibram overlay/Topy? * * * 2nd question: Do the rubber oversoles eventually wear out and I'll...
Resolve all doubts: order both.
Quote: Originally Posted by Despos Just saw a suit made by one tailor but he outsourced the trouser and vest. Three different colors of buttonhole twist were used. Each garment was different. Vest and jacket lining didn't match. Vest was at least 1 1/2" above the waistband of the trouser. This was all overseen by one tailor and he missed all these points. I like to see jacket and trouser together when fitting a suit to judge the overall proportion,...
Quote: Originally Posted by dirtrider123 as an aside from my orginal question, can a bespoke tailor remake a suit from a pre-existing suit (as in a suit that I already own)? I am wondering because I have a suit that I love the fabric of, and it has sentimental value to me but the trouser waistband is going downhill, etc. Could a tailor at least put a new trouser waistband and pocketing in the pants, and new lining in the jacket? Yes. These...
Quote: Originally Posted by dirtrider123 Has anyone ever had a bespoke suit made by two different tailors (i.e. one does the pants, the other does the jacket)? I was wondering this because I have never seen trousers that I love more than the ambrosi trousers, while I am in love with rubinacci jackets. If I was able to provide both tailors with the same cloth, would it be possible to make a bespoke suit that effectively came from two separate...
Is this another case of "The Fallen Idol"?
I had a suit made from Schofield cloth about 12 years ago at Brooks Brothers. I recall that it was good cloth and that it wore well. I discarded it a few years ago. I do not recall seeing the Schofield name recently.
Get a price so as to compare with a local tailor. Having Oxxford doing the lining is similar to "recrafting" by the shoe manufacturer. You might pay more, but if you will get the same workmanship, details, etc. You might get an overhaul. If you have a quarter lined coat, I would go to Oxxford. An outside tailor may use shortcuts. E.g., machine finishing the lining rather than hand sewing. Also, an outside tailor might not get the bellows pockets right. Some...