or Connect

Posts by Mark Seitelman

Have Chan pick a lining in either charcoal or black.
It won't hurt the suit. I had a coat relined last Fall for $225 at Brooks. A comparative job on Savile Row would be at least twice that. Ask Chan about the cost. Perhaps they will do it at cost plus shipping. Good luck.
To elaborate:The original poster's complaints are petty. They do not merit the vendors' entry into the mosh pit.Exactly.
To the original poster: 1. Leffot owes you nothing. You cancelled the sale. Indeed, you owe an apology to Leffot because you attempted an end-run around it. 2. Edward Green also owes you nothing. 3. Neither Leffot nor EG have any obligations to answer these complaints in a public forum. 4. If you disagree with the above, go elsewhere. There are plenty of other retailers and manufacturers.
Hickey-Freeman had used the term "customized" on its labels on and off during the years. "Customized" was a trademark. It referred to the manufacturing quality. The tailoring was top quality, i.e., "Number VI" when this numbering system still in use. VI was a handmade suit. Hence, the logo of the tailor's hand and needle. "Customized" does not mean that the suit was made to measure or bespoke or even custom. Indeed, I doubt that H-F did much, if any MTM before the...
Quote: Originally Posted by charliepaulsen * * * I assume the wedding is going to be standard formal/semi-formal attire, * * * but I am still wary of the camel hair blazer being too casual, any advice would be great, thanks. It's too informal. The color is too light, the texture is too informal, and the styling of the coat will also be informal (e.g. patch pockets, etc.) The camelhair coat is best used for a country club or a...
LS Men's Clothes on W. 45th St. Good luck.
Question: Do unlined sleeves work well? In other words, aside from providing an ease of slipping in and out of the coat, are sleeve linings necessary to give the sleeve some shape? Have any of you had unlined sleeves?
Quote: Originally Posted by fishsalad * * * What's better than Brioni custom made? I'm talking fit and look. Rubinacci.
Quote: Originally Posted by fishsalad * * * I think BB is a good suit but not as good as Oxxford. Any thoughts on this? Why? Considering retail price in USA is 3,000 and they sell it for 1/3 of retail. Btw, they manufacture Oxxford in USA? The Oxxford 1220 is a better suit. I would say that it is comparable or superior to Brioni's RTW make. The Oxxford 1220 has less handwork than Oxxford's "Highest Quality" line, Oxxford's...