or Connect

Posts by Mark Seitelman

I think that a navy poplin suit from Brooks would be fine. Brooks is on sale now.It used to be the business uniform when I started working in the 1970's. It is not the most elegant suit, but it was acceptable in the 1970's and 1980's when men had to wear suits, period.I would stay away from the olive green suit in that it is a little too informal. If they have one in grey, then you have your summer wardrobe.I would stay away from seersucker since the courthouse is...
On my one coat with a silk lining (I believe from the Richard Weldon books), I agree that it is warmer than Bemberg.I chose a silk paisley for a navy blazer since the colors and design were much more vibrant than the Bemberg choices. However, if I were to try it again I would think twice about it, and I would limit it to a winter sportscoat due to the warmth. I would never consider it for a summer suit. Ironically, I find Dupioni silk the coolest summer cloth. I...
My understanding is that the lining adds some body allowing it to hang properly. Otherwise, it will wrinkle-up like shirt fabric. I would be reluctant to discard a perfectly good lining. But, it is a free country. It is a $200-300 job.
The short answer is that it makes sense if you are going to wear the suit a good number of times. If you anticipate wearing the suit 100+ times (e.g., once a week throughout the year), then it makes sense. If you foresee wearing it only 3 times, then it makes no sense. RTW suits used to come with two pairs of pants up until the 1960's or so. There are a couple of reasons: a) Men wore suits for both work and leisure activities (going to the ballpark, shopping, going...
Superb operation. I recommend them.I have had some trousers made. The fit and detailing were excellent. I shall return.It is a custom garment in both fit and make. In comparison, the Paul Stuart MTM program (still available and made by Samuelsohn) is less custom in both fit and make.Paul Stuart Custom is run by Mark Rykken, the former owner and manager of Alan Flusser Custom. (Alan is still carrying-on the business.) Therefore, the garments are similar to Alan...
On Goldfinger tweed: 3 yards Prefer 1 (b). Second choice is 1 (a).
Jeff, what is your position with the Armoury?
I would say that tuxedo is OK. Most of the event will be the evening party. It is impractical (and expensive) for the men to switch from day formal to dinner suits.
Generally, clothing would be included in contents (e.g., furniture, appliances, etc.). Generally, you would not schedule items of clothing except for furs.GET COST OF REPLACEMENT COVERAGE. Otherwise, the insurance company will pay "Actual Cash Value" which means depreciated value.Keep the receipts.Good luck.
[quote name="The Louche" url="/t/143181/definitive-guide-to-wool-that-wont-shine/30#post_6918221 * * * I'm baffled by people that claim to get 20 years out of a suit -- I simply don't see how that's possible unless you only wear it once every few months or less, and that's simply not possible with business suits unless you have dozens of them.[/quote] I think that 20 years is a bit optimistic for the average person. Many who still wear 20 year old suits have big...