or Connect

Posts by Mark Seitelman

I tried the website (www.asuitablewardrobe.com), and it states that the web page is no longer available.
1. Cego for shirts. See Shirtmaven's listing above. 2. LS Mens Clothes for tailored clothing. You will pay less than 1/2 that what you would have spent at Brooks MTM. As for more exalted establishments, you'll be paying 1/3 of what those places charge. I have used both Cego and LS, and I recommend them. Carl (Cego) and Izzy (LS) are lovely and honest people. As for Shirtmaven's recommendation of Mr. Ned, it is also an excellent choice. The pricing is similar to...
Both buildings are still standing. Ironically, Gorsart was not in the best parts of downtown. Now, both locations are "hot."
I shopped at the original Barneys a couple of times with my parents. This was in the 1960's before it became a fancy store. It was definitely in the discount realm. I slightly recall that it was brightly lit with florescent lights. My mother recalled Barney Pressman working the floor and berating an employee.
Everything old is new again. The latest rumor is that Barneys will open at its old store at Seventh Avenue and 17th Street. This spot was formerly Loehmann's. Other Barneys' rumors: 1. The Madison Avenue store will close and everything will be relocated to Seventh Avenue because the lease is up on 2017. If this is so, there will be much less space in that the annex on 17th Street is now the Rubin Museum. 2. The 60th Street of the store (the mens store) will be...
It is an acceptable sportscoat. Not all sportscoats have a bold, "knock your socks off" pattern. Many sportscoats have a subdued pattern. I would say that this is more of a sportscoat than a suit coat. As a suit it would be more of a "casual" or "sports" suit rather than a business suit. As for the jetted pockets, that is OK too. There is no ironclad rule that says that sports coats must have flapped pockets or patch pockets. The jetted pockets make it a little...
H. Freeman of Philadelphia is made by English American. It is a notch better than Hickey Freeman, but it falls into the category below Greenfield and Jules.
Manufacturers a notch below Oxxford: 1. Martin Greenfield Clothiers in Brooklyn, NY. 2. Adrian Jules in Rochester, NY. Both are superb. I have worn both. Manufacturers a further notch below: 1. Hickey-Freeman of Rochester, NY 2. English American of Maryland A manufacturer still a further notch below: Hart Schaffner & Marx Of all of the above, Hickey-Freeman and Hart Schnaffer & Marx have the greatest RTW presence. Greenfield and Jules are private label for...
Yes, there can be hits and misses even with the best makers, But, when it works, it's fabulous. This is the reason why some men will only wear custom and bespoke.