or Connect

Posts by Mark Seitelman

It is an acceptable sportscoat. Not all sportscoats have a bold, "knock your socks off" pattern. Many sportscoats have a subdued pattern. I would say that this is more of a sportscoat than a suit coat. As a suit it would be more of a "casual" or "sports" suit rather than a business suit. As for the jetted pockets, that is OK too. There is no ironclad rule that says that sports coats must have flapped pockets or patch pockets. The jetted pockets make it a little...
H. Freeman of Philadelphia is made by English American. It is a notch better than Hickey Freeman, but it falls into the category below Greenfield and Jules.
Manufacturers a notch below Oxxford: 1. Martin Greenfield Clothiers in Brooklyn, NY. 2. Adrian Jules in Rochester, NY. Both are superb. I have worn both. Manufacturers a further notch below: 1. Hickey-Freeman of Rochester, NY 2. English American of Maryland A manufacturer still a further notch below: Hart Schaffner & Marx Of all of the above, Hickey-Freeman and Hart Schnaffer & Marx have the greatest RTW presence. Greenfield and Jules are private label for...
Yes, there can be hits and misses even with the best makers, But, when it works, it's fabulous. This is the reason why some men will only wear custom and bespoke.
Stanley's Cobbler Shop, 115 Broadway (entrance on Thames Street closer to Trinity Place). Charlie is the owner. I recommend them.
I think that the business could not be sold. There were probably "talks" and "overtures", but no buyers. Otherwise, why shutter such a well known store with generations of good will? It seems that Louis is now a "fashion forward" store similar to Jeffrey in NYC's meat packing district. It evolved (or devolved) from an emporium that sold both the classic and contemporary. It is not a place for a "stick in the mud" (yours truly) who buys Oxxford and other classics. ...
Confused?
Let's see what Will will do. My reading is that Will is incorporating the blog into his store website so that there will be one website. Until now there have been separate web addresses for the blog and the store. Therefore, he is getting separate statistics for each one. It makes sense to have one website rather than two. (E.g., Amazon has one web address although it is really a collection of many stores.) His one web address will get higher statistics from Goggle...
Two reputable clothing establishments (both 2nd generation) that can make a suit for about $1,000 (depending on cloth selection): 1. LS Mens Clothing on W. 45th St.; and 2. Mr. Ned on lower Fifth Ave. Both establishments have no frills premises upstairs in office buildings. Mr. Ned is basically an open workshop. I have used LS, and I recommend them highly.
You're not buying real estate. Just a sportscoat.As for the "JFK magic", I think that JFK had a patent on that. However, there is something magical about continuing the tradition with one of the great extant tailoring families from the golden age of Ivy League clothing.