or Connect

Posts by bobbyz

Thanks for the feedback. One of my considerations is unfortunately shipping to Canada pretty much ruins any pricing when it comes to those brands. i.e AO = $75 in shipping... (madness) 
I've been looking into alternatives to Luxottica in my search for sunglasses without breaking the bank. I've owned multiple Oakleys in the past and looking to branch out.   I'm specifically interested in the aviator style which everyone carries so its been tough to discriminate on quality vs. price. I'm also a bit torn on lens colors as I've always stuck with black/black. Considering one of the following, advice appreciated!   FarmFresh - Unknown Canadian company that...
 I must admit it seems like a shame that I've put in so much towards my shoes and still have an average sock wardrobe. I've been considering Soxy Socks recently to be more creative.
 The approach I've used is to have the products thrown in when I order the shoe (trees, polish, conditioner etc.). If you're looking for a polish within Canada consider Leatherfoot. They are a member here and they carry a decent variety of shoe care products. I've been pleased with their service. 
 I had the same question earlier in the year and decided to pass on the Amoks as I had 2 pairs of Clarks. As you said, the Amoks are a nicer, dressier shoe but as someone else recommended to you, I found it better to put my money towards the other gaps I had. I decided the next chukkas I'd buy would be the Dundees if I was going for a more formal chukka. Reading what you wrote you seem to have Dark Brown Clarks ChukkaTan ElginChili Dalton There's lots of room in there for...
I'm a big fan of this shoe. I hope to pick up something very similar one day.
I just I just can't imagine them being tough enough for harsh weather. I suppose I could lay on some HDLP to keep them dry, but I'm not sure how tough they'd actually be in adverse conditions.  Another dilemma I'm having is a choice for good everyday casual shoe. I've got a tan Mctavish (which I'm planning to add a topy) and snuff neumoks now, but I am considering if its worth getting a blucher like the Rapid City as well for diversity.
I'm torn on the Waxy Brown Long Branches having just picked up the Chocolate Daltons. I realize they're a different look but I'm not sure if I'm going to wear boots often enough to own 2. Any compelling arguments to pick up the LBs?
 Just got my seconds chocolate dalton's and I'm disappointed that they are substantially darker than I expected them to be. I would put them at borderline black (perhaps why they're seconds?) wondering what a good technique to bring out their brown would be. I'm considering, similar to you, using some lexol conditioner to strip it down a bit before buffing and polishing with AE dark brown polish. Advice appreciated.