or Connect

Posts by screwdriver

So far, I found one bag that looks great and seems to be about the right size:  http://lotuffleather.com/collections/duffles/products/small-leather-duffle   However, I'm not sure if I'm ready to spend almost $1000 on an overnight bag.  Is there anything like that, but lower in price?
 When I said "weekender", I meant "bag that can hold a weekend's worth of stuff". I bought an 18" waxed canvas bag and ended up returning it.  It seemed like too big of a bag for an overnight stay, plus I figured all of my clothes would end up moving around too much, due to all of the extra space.  It looks like what I'm looking for probably isn't available.  I should just get another backpack, but I sort of feel like a high school kid carrying my stuff around that way....
 I usually pack pretty light, so an overnight stay is really just some PJ's and a change of clothes for the next day.  For me, it doesn't take up a whole lot of space.  My old backpack is around 10" x 9" x 16" (plus an external pouch), and that seemed to be perfect. I took a look at the Floto Mini, and it looks like it's marketed to women as a handbag.  Judging from pictures, it does look a bit too feminine for me:...
I go on a non-business overnight trip at least once a month, and I'm looking for a bag to take with me to replace my aging backpack.  I typically only carry 1-2 changes of clothes + travel toiletries, so the "overnight" bags you'd normally find are way too big for me.  Are there any duffel bags out there that might fit what I'm looking for, without looking like a purse?  A ~15" bag would be perfect, but an 18" bag would be too big.   Since someone might mention it, the...
Thanks, guys.  I ended up getting a couple of the Brooks Luxury shirts during their winter sale.  I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact that I'm going to have to get every shirt I wear tailored, so I'm just going to find a slim fit I like & take it to my tailor.  I can have him leave a little extra room in the upper body, just in case.   I'll definitely check out the recommendations in the thread, though.  Thanks again!
 Yep - I'm definitely planning on bulking up.  I lost about half an inch to an inch on my neck size, so I'm trying to work out a bit harder now.  All of this will probably take some time, so I just didn't want to continue wearing baggy clothing until then.  What would you guys suggest?   I'm not sure what their sizing chart means (http://shop.kamakurashirts.com/content_en_USD_8.html), but I was trying to avoid shirts with darts, if possible.
 I'd prefer to spend a little more to get a better quality shirt.  However, I don't want to be spending $200 per tailored shirt, just in case my size changes again soon.  They're all going to be dress shirts for work ("business casual").
 I tried an extra slim from Brooks, and it's way too tight in the chest.  There's still no taper - it's just slimmer overall. Also, from reading around here, I learned that Charles Tyrwhitt and TM Lewin weren't very good quality for the price.  I just learned about ModernTailor.com, so I may try that route... but there's so many choices on there...
Hey, guys.  I recently lost some weight, and the Brooks Brothers slim fit shirts I used to buy are baggy in the sleeves, midsection, and back now.  I've come to terms with the fact that I'm never going to find an OTR shirt that fits me well (7" drop), but I'm still evaluating my options for new shirts.   Is there a better quality/better fitting shirt in a similar price range?  Also, should I be considering MTM instead of OTR+tailor?
I have a quick question about the fit of an overcoat, and I'm hoping you guys could help me out.  I found one I liked & ended up eventually buying two different sizes, because I couldn't make my mind up on which one fit better.   The first one (one size smaller than my suit size) seems to look better, but it fits a bit tight around my shoulders, with the suit on.  Is that normal?  I can still move my arms pretty well, but it seems to be compressing the shoulders on...