or Connect

Posts by CalGuy13

I need a fairly specific design, and Sam Hober doesn't offer it in silk (I did send an email asking). Vanda doesn't either.   Are there any good Sam Hober alternatives?   I want this design, 3.5" wide, lined six fold, handrolled edges.   Thanks!  
I tried emailing Meermin yesterday about sizing, but haven't heard back yet. Hopefully someone here can confirm (or question) my thinking.   I currently have a 10D Strand and a 9.5E Park Avenue, both on the Allen Edmonds 5-65 last. The Strand fits me best, but has lots of extra length around the toe. The Park Avenue is too loose in the width, but wearable (there is zero lace gap), and okay in length. I haven't had opportunity to try on a 9.5D, but I think it would put...
Just ordered a pair of bourbon McAllister's, and I want to do the shining thing right this time. Some questions:   Is this guide generally regarded as good advice? What color Saphir product is recommended for bourbon shoes? Any recommended vendors for Saphir products, brushes, and the like (aside from Hanger Project)?   Thanks!
So I finally decided to pick up a pair of McAllister, and I realized a sale literally just ended a few days ago. Any idea when the next similar sale for firsts through AE will be? Is there a chance an AE retail store would still honor the sale price?
Quote on McAllister in Bourbon 9.5D, please?
By my count, Brooks Brothers offers six traditionally-styled navy blazers in the Fitzgerald cut, priced from $448 to $798. Obviously the "best" is probably the most expensive one, but can anyone comment on the differences between them, aside from the obvious?   For instance: Is one an exceptionally good value? Is the BrooksCool version better than it sounds (a wool blend doesn't sound great to me)?  Is the made-in-USA Saxxon version worth $150 more than the other...
I am incredibly happy with my six-fold Macclesfield print tie with hand-rolled edges, and I'd like to buy a similar tie for my boss. I want something in the design below. However, Sam Hober only seems to have it in wool, and the description notes that the material works best as a four-fold.   How will a four-fold in wool differ from a six-fold in silk, in terms of drape, its knot, etc? Does a wool tie like this look distinctly like wool, or is it interchangeable withh a...
I literally placed my first order last week, after drooling over Vanda's ties for years. Kicking myself. Should have waited another few days.
On certain pairs of jeans, the waistband will seem to "fall" beneath the belt between the rear belt loop and side belt loop, on both sides. This only affects jeans with 5 belt loops, but doesn't affect all jeans with 5 belt loops. I'm trying to figure out what the issue is so I can avoid it in the future. I think the back rise might be too high for how jeans sit on me. Has anyone else experienced this? As I recall, I had the issue with 501s, but not 514s, and I currently...