or Connect

Posts by deadAngle

For the record, I did make an effort to place the tie in front of the collar when putting everything on, and gave up when I realized that with the angle of the collar points, the tie would be bending forward at an acute angle and that it certainly wouldn't be able to hold its forward position through the night.  Perhaps this collar was intended for morning dress?
  Speaking of wing collars, the number I wore out to the Nutcracker. Luxire linen detachable collar tuxedo shirt, antique starched collar, antique Swank smoked MOP shirt studs and links, and an early 1930s tuxedo with silk damask buttons, link front, and double-breasted shawl collar vest.
 That's a very common size for antique/vintage tuxedos, though - you should be able to find one on eBay in good shape and good quality well within your budget.
People buttoned their coats every which way in the Edwardian period - I've seen plenty of photos of people with just the bottom or the bottom two buttons of a three button jacket buttoned as well as all of the buttons or just letting the jacket hang open.  However, the top button only style is mostly carried over from the late Victorian period where it was exceedingly common.  How you buttoned your jacket was down to personal choice more than anything - there was no real...
Patch pockets with flaps were more for summer suits (less layers of fabric) or when the patch pockets were pleated/gusseted for holding lots of things securely on hunting jackets.  It's a more consistent look than two open patch pockets combined with a standard breast pocket.
That's down to both personal choice and the actual angle of your hips. Suspenders would help prevent the front from sliding down and crumpling if you had particularly angled hips.
This topic will not be complete without a sock thrown in there for extra sprezz.
Can't he just sew an external seam along the same line with a similar stitch density? Because the jacket looks like it has been washed, the seams have puckered and the dye has slightly washed out. If you don't mind the "cuff" on the sleeve being shorter, that's probably your best option as long as your tailor can sew in a straight line. It's a casual knockabout jacket. Don't worry too much about things like this.
Nah, it's still fairly modern and sharp looking. The shapeless, low-buttoning sacks of the 1990s are what currently equate to frumpy.
There is no difference in your level of comfort or drape, but fishtail back pants have two distinct practical advantages. The higher back makes sure no shirt shows if you're wearing a vest and sitting down, and it also allows V-back suspenders to be used. The comfort and drape is wholly contained in how the pants are cut overall, and isn't related whatsoever to the presence or absence of a small detail on the back of the pants.