or Connect

Posts by deadAngle

Morning dress trousers have had a surprising amount of variation (mostly monochrome, though) in them, with it being possible to even wear plain grey flannels or checked trousers.  I'd say that if the pants are a thicker, stiffer material that holds a sharp crease, they should be fine even though they're a tonal grey.
You will not look dated.  Don't bother getting the trousers tapered, moving the ribbon on the seam is more hassle than it's worth and the heavier fabric will drape really well.
I really should have provided pictures earlier.  Shirts 1 and 3 are from Luxire, shirt 2 is an OTR shirt. Basically, make sure the arms are attached so they naturally lay horizontally like this: And not at an angle like this: Alternatively, you may opt for a bi-swing back, though it only works on heavier fabrics and narrow cuts:
Basically, if you laid the shirt flat, you should be able to stick a long pole or a broom handle through one sleeve and out the other without the shoulders crumpling.
I believe that strip of leather/that style is called a tarsal strap, but I could be mistaken.
That's just the result of a bad pressing.  Iron the back of the lapel flat with a press cloth and lots of steam, and possibly try to work the upper collar into the correct position.
Also, take note of the angle your sleeves are attached at - if you want greater mobility, you want the sleeves to sit at a right angle to the rest of the shirt instead of an acute angle.  There are two solutions to this problem.  The first would be to have a tailor add a gusset panel to the underarm section (inadvisable, too much work for too little return and will make your shirt look like patchwork), and the second would be to just have the shirts made.  Whether the...
 This one comes with pants!
I like it for the most part.  The cut is very good and shows a lot of shirt (though my preference would be for the closure buttons to be at waist level, pocket level works too), the piped edges on the lapels are a nice touch that I'd like to see more of.  However, the white contrast stitching on the flaps, sleeves, and chest pocket needs to be removed and restitched in black.  I'm not as anti-pocketflap as some people, but I think the proportions would be a little better...
Actually, if you're having the suit made to your specifications anyway, there's another way to add Scottish detailing - pocket flaps on the bottom pockets of the vest (though I don't know how well this would work with a DB vest), and/or a cuff detail on the sleeves of the jacket.  It would make the suit stand out in a good way, with a touch of Scottishness.  The tartan should probably be constrained to a tie that you can wear any time.Please excuse the fact that the bottom...