or Connect

Posts by deadAngle

The ideal for peak lapels is to have one of the lines of the lapel (either edge of the peak) to be lined up with the shoulder so that it emphasizes the shoulders.  When the peak sticks up above the shoulder line, what is it meant to be emphasizing?  The air?  
It looks a lot like a campaign hat.
I've got a couple of different shapes of wing collar in the batch I picked up, so I'll try a different one.  However, I think I'll stick with the four-in-hand as I've seen it done with wing collar a number of times and don't feel like tracking down an ascot when I already have a perfectly serviceable wedding tie.  The morning coat really doesn't have any worn areas, it's just crumpled (especially in the sleeve) and needs pressing badly.
It's a bit early seeing as I haven't proposed or anything yet, but here's my nearly-complete morning dress outfit.  Pants need to be hemmed down and the jacket needs pressing, but apart from that and the lack of top hat this is nearly complete.  I may try to find a pair of Chelseas to wear with this instead of the shoes I have on. 1920 two-button pinstripe morning coat - $95 1890s/1900s detachable button cotton waistcoat - $10 1910s cashmere stripe trousers -...
Keep the pants as pattern pants, but keep in mind that they're severely limited and you can't expect to wear them. As for wearability, it wholly depends on the width of the stripes.  If the stripes are more widely spaced like a chalkstripe, you could wear the pants as part of a stroller outfit or with an off-white sportcoat.  If the pattern is narrowly spaced, you're SOL.
Butler, it looks like your braces are too long in the back and the elastic is bunching up at the fork.  The rear elastic could probably be shortened to half the length it currently sits at to correct the angle at which the front elastic joins it.  Fantastic rig, by the way.
I'm not sure why retailers insist on selling 6x2 tuxedos anyway when they could remove the bottom row of buttons and have something much more beautiful.
16oz should be plenty unless you live in Canada or Russia.
This guy's jacket and pants don't look too far off modern cuts.