or Connect

Posts by deadAngle

Late 1940s, found at an antique store for $26.  I love the contrasting buttons on this one.  Ventless.  [[SPOILER]]
Just to note, he's measuring on the outside of the pants.  If he measures on the inside (which makes more sense, because moleskin is a fairly thick fabric) then everything except for the inseam will be closer to his specified measurements.
I love me a good soft shoulder.  The shoulders don't look too tight at all, and the lines are very clean and nice.  However, if you're feeling pressure on the outer edge of your biceps (possibly why you're asking?), it's likely that the sleeves aren't roomy enough at the sleevehead to accommodate your arms.  The sleeves might be too tight in general, which would explain the excessive wrinkling.  Might just be the thin fabric, though.Also, the gorge on those peaks are...
Depends on the type of tuxedo shirt.  If you mean a fly-front shirt with turn-down collar (possibly detachable) and french/single link cuffs, then go for it because that's pretty much just a business shirt anyway.  If it contains a bib (pleated or flat), a wing collar, or stud front, you're best off with keeping that with the tuxedo.
I'd say that "the back is a little short" is absolutely not a problem as long as you can't see the back.  When pant waistbands come back to standard height, the "standard" 57" tie will end up being the "long" length and you'll still be able to wear them.  I'm 6' myself (but with a 14.5" neck), and continuously find that most neckties are way too long for me to wear without getting them shortened to around 50" or so because I like the four-in-hand and the four-in-hand uses...
 The theatre of life itself.
A bi-swing back is what you see in the pictures: a pleat in the back sewn at both the top and bottom that contains fabric that can extend when needed to provide a greater range of motion in the arm.  It's usually found on classic sportswear and leather jackets, but I saw one on a shirt when I was in Japan and thought that it was a great idea.  It cleans up the back and adds greater range of motion than pleats, but is only worthwhile if you have something that perfectly...
A while ago, Luxire mentioned in passing that they had made a shirt with a bi-swing back.  That was actually mine, but I never got around to posting images of it.  Let's rectify that. French placket, double breast pockets, spearpoint collar, French cuffs... and the most useful detail in the world.  A bi-swing back.   I can reach my arms all the way forward, and even across my body without my shirt cuffs sliding up. Works well as a dress shirt or as a sport shirt.  I...
As a suggestion, position the front buttons in line with both the pant crease and side seam and space the rear buttons the same amount as one set of front buttons.  This spreads the force out over a broader area and helps to keep the straps in the right position.  I've had tailors who don't understand how much more comfortable this is and would space them a scant 1.5" apart not really centred on anything.
It's not trendy, and the presence of a fifth sleeve button is questionable, but that's a very standard cut and you'd likely be able to wear it for a really long time.  When lapel gorges return to standard height in a few years' time you'll likely want to pass on/throw out all the jackets you own except for that one.