or Connect

Posts by deek

The major breakthrough for me has been to place an emphasis on the weight and texture of clothing above the color and fit. Mastering those two things (weight and texture), and understanding what they say at a subconscious level is what takes clothing from a boring paint-by-numbers exercise to a statement that will communicate something meaningful to people beyond "hey, he's wearing a tie."    Picking items by color and arranging them in ways that is pleasing is boring,...
I'm not certain sure why, but people stopped asking me why I'm so dressed up, and my theory is that it has to do with me becoming better at dressing well and then carrying it off like I don't give a damn. I think the questions come up when the look is ugly, which is usual for beginners, and is also carried from a position of weakness. Weakness meaning everything is too perfect or amateur in look or you're too stiff and uncomfortable in your clothes like you're wearing a...
On the above I like everything except for the shirt. Everything else looks warm, heavy and casual, especially with the patch pocket, like a proper country outfit for the winter but the shirt says summer time in the city with the light blue check and thin weave. I'd prefer a more substantial weave like oxford cloth and some color that evokes the countryside. I really like the jacket and tie though.
I agree with those above about WAYWRN becoming a circus of bright colored socks, tan shoes and red shoe laces. The style is definitely adolescent and I don't understand how grown men can embrace such a childish look. It's as if they are competing for attention. Even Allen Edmonds seems to be cashing in on the look-at-me craze with those routinely gaudy "Web Gem" designs. Of course I am a nobody with no pics so I guess my opinion has no merit.
If I were in your position I'd buy the AE Leeds or something similar. It's a classy look that you can dress up or down and even wear to bars and clubs. Not exactly perfect for interviews but I doubt they will notice. Saw DiCaprio wearing them in GQ and they looked great.
I'm really enjoying this thread. Great work, Victor.
Organize your pants according to the following:   1. Dressier pants - wools, finer quality pressed chinos, etc. 2. Casual pants - faded & distressed khakis, more relaxed cuts, rougher textures, corduroy 3. Rugged pants - jeans, heavyweight outerwear, etc.   In the morning, grab a pair of pants according to the weather or your mood. Feeling like an adventurer? Grab those distressed dessert colored khakis. Cold? Get those cords.   Pick everything else...
Hi I've been a reader of StyleForum for a long time and it has been a tremendous aid in helping me upgrade my look. I've gone from being a complete knuckledhead when it came to fashion to the person who my friends ask for advice. I don't mean to say that I'm a style icon - i'm not - but I am at least competent. All thanks goes to StyleForum for being the inspiration.
I received both the russet and black Krause boots today. The quality on the russet is great with very few flaws. I have to search long and hard to find the them, and honestly, it's difficult to tell what truly is a flaw without having a pair of first quality on hand to compare them to.   The black are also great but there a few issues with the stitching on the tongue as well as on one side with the middle row of the triple stitching disappearing midway through. They...