or Connect

Posts by jcarlson08

I think it depends on your outfit as well. A solid calfskin black or brown belt would look odd with burgundy shoes but there are other colors and styles that would work with more casual dress. Thinking about it, I'd venture to say that the reason a brown or black leather belt would look odd is because if a belt like that doesn't match your shoes, it's probably not going to match any other part of your outfit and will look out of place. But if you can find a belt that...
  Just wanted to chime in and second this advice, even though you already followed it, for anyone else who might need it. I've had Brooks Brother's finish alterations on a suit I bought there in less than 24 hours for an event. They have great service. 
I just wanted to thank the OP for this thread. When this sale was active I think I ordered 600 dollars worth of accessories and stuff for about 150 bucks. I wouldn't buy a suit from JAB but quality concerns go out the window when you're talking about silk knot cufflinks and pocket squares at prices like this. I picked up some shoe trees and cedar hangers since you all recommended them as well, and finally a belt and some metal cufflinks and tie bars which could be of...
First, some background information: I am a medium height (5'9") in-shape male with an above average neck size (16") for my body (39" chest; 32" waist) Consequently, throughout my life I have found it very difficult to find quality ready-to-wear dress shirts that fit me properly. Most of the shirts that fit my neck are  too long in the sleeve and balloon in the midsection, and the shirts that do fit me properly in the sleeve and waist are often still too long for my...