or Connect

Posts by imys

I couldn't agree with you more. That is indeed a great knot. Any chance you can post a video or several pics of the steps to take to get that knot?much appreciated,imy
Thanks for this post and the review. I too need to have my jacket taken in. I opted for the large because the medium wouldnt fit on the shoulders, but now it drapes like a "tent". I have the beacon heritage tokito ('skyfall') jacket and was hesitant on sending it to them from Canada. But i dont have any other choice. I have to take in the chest and waist ("lower hem") but also the entire sleeve width (the bicep area to the wrist). Do you know where i measure the width from...
Hi, Does anyone have any experience with the Barbour Repair Department in New Hampshire in terms of mailing your jacket to them for alterations? I need to alter my jacket but cannot find an official place in Canada. According to their website, they'll do alterations for Cdn customers but ive read some frightening reviews about jackets being lost and lack of customer service. Your insights would be very much appreciated. Thanks. -I
That's a NICE jacket! Good call for the Spring. I really like the detailing of the collar and side pockets - i can't tell from the pic, but is it leather? Can you comment on the fit when tried, and price, and where it can be found? Cheers 
Hi, I echo your dilemma. I'm 6.0', 185 lbs w/broad shoulders (19.5") - top heavy. I like my clothes slim-lined and quite fitted. I tried the medium but it didn't fit along the shoulders - it was extremely tight, and the sleeve length was too short. This was probably due to the shoulders being too tight and stretching causing the sleeves to ride up. The measurements given by Dave_SFU for the medium are quite accurate. I opted for the large. The measurements for the large...
They were retailing for $866 CDN at JCrew Canada. On EBay they've been averaging >$1000 (usually between $1000-$1300).
Thanks for the info. I just sent them an email RE taking in my TOKITO Beacon Heritage. Hopefully ill get a response soon, but unlikely because they are closed for the holidays from Dec 19-Jan 7 and have stated on their website not to send any garments to them during this time.Cheers,-I
Subject: Altering the Barbour TOKITO Heritage Beacon   Hello All, I'm new to SF so I hope I haven't broken any rules by posting this here. I have recently purchased the infamous "Skyfall" Barbour TOKITO Heritage Beacon jacket. I purchased the LARGE since the MEDIUM was too tight on the shoulders, chest, and sleeve lengths were too short. However, the waist fitted perfectly. Does anyone know, if this jacket can be altered so that the waist could fit more like the...
Subject: Altering the Barbour TOKITO Heritage Beacon   Hello All,   Im new to SF so hopefully I haven't broken any rules by posting this here. I have recently purchased the infamous "Skyfall" Barbour TOKITO Heritage Beacon jacket. I bought a size LARGE as the MEDIUM was too tight on the shoulders, chest, and sleeve lengths were too short. However, the MEDIUM fitted perfectly along the waist. Does any know if this jacket can be tailored so that the waist would fit...