or Connect

Posts by doriangray87

I'm looking for a nice tie to go with this pocket square (which i already own): http://www.brooksbrothers.com/FLEECE-LOGO-POCKET-SQUARE/FZ00191,default,pd.html   I'll be wearing it with a light grey suit and white shirt.   I want to order a tie from Sam Hober so I'm looking there. I really like some of the polkadot ties but I'm not sure this will go with the stripped pocket sq... for...
I have some long black very smart brogues. Not sure they'll got with the charcoal flannels though?
Hmm, maybe it's too light and it's clashing.   How about this one, the colours are a little bolder:  
As much as I like the velvet slippers idea I'm leaving it for another time. I picked up some nice charcoal flannels, they're being hemmed at the moment.   I also picked up a white shirt, the pattern goes very well with the velvet blazer, the paring looks quite luxurious:           Now I'm deciding between pocket squares, do you think they work? which do you like the most? Keeping in mind I'm wearing charcoal trousers and brown shoes.   (I've just...
  Nice, I like the sounds of it. OK so I'll be looking to pick up some charcoal flannel trousers to go with this, it seems like it will complement the blazer and brown shoes nicely, slippers are a nice idea but will save them for another time :)   I will keep paisley in mind for the pocket square or bow tie/tie. I actually tried it on with an Etro paisley shirt but it seemed a bit much.
  Thanks. I can get charcoal grey trousers yes, I take it your suggesting grey trousers and brown shoes over wearing black pants with brown shoes?
  Thanks, I'll avoid the white pants. The navy pants are actually darker than the blazer. Good point with the black pants, I might go with them.   Evidently a few of you dislike the shirt, maybe it brings back bad memories from your childhood? I have other plain white shirts with a traditional collar, or can you suggest some other look I may be able to wear with the blazer.   Here's me trying it out with a dark red velvety bow tie and traditional plain white shirt, which...
I actually like the laces on the shoes, I like the leather ends. Each to his own I guess. Thoughts on the outfit, and which bottoms to opt for
Hi, I'm trying to put together an outfit for a christmas dinner party.   I have a the below Velvet navy blazer and I have decided to pair it with this shirt:           Firstly the collar has a black rim, so - Do you think this works with the blue?   Secondly I plan to replace the visible top button on the shirt with this small gold and navy (not black) button (I got the idea from a Versace shirt I saw of almost similar design but they didn't have...
Hi, I'm trying to put together an outfit for a christmas dinner party.     I have a the below Velvet navy blazer and I have decided to pair it with this shirt:           Firstly the collar has a black rim, so - Do you think this works with the blue?   Secondly I plan to replace the visible top button on the shirt with this small gold and navy (not black) button (I got the idea from a Versace shirt I saw of almost similar design but they didn't...