or Connect

Posts by PerCC

The McGregors are going to be ""dressier" with the sleeker 5 last and smaller brogue strips. With that said, in the real world, I say get the shoe that you like the best or which last fits your foot the best. Virtually no one would be able to tell the difference but yourself and AE addicts like the forum members here.
Decided against the BB Kenwood loafer (tried them on, my small feet just look bad in loafers) but am intrigued at getting the BB version of the Strands with their 25% off sale. Does anyone know if they fit a little tighter than the normal Strands because of the Poron footbed? My current Strands and McAllisters in 8.5E have a pretty big lace gap, and the 9E leather Neumoks I tried on in store felt looser but I'm concerned they made be too loose once they get worn in, it's...
Are these shoes made by AE for Brooks Brothers? They're $174, and only $130 after their 25% off discount. I'm usually an E width but for that price, if they are AE firsts, I'd be willing to try and break in a D width 1/2 size up.   http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Tumbled-Leather-Popped-Midsole-Penny-Loafers/MH00370,default,pd.html?dwvar_MH00370_Color=BRWN&contentpos=12&cgid=0522   Edit: Upon closer examination, I don't see a welt. Is the stitching on the bottom just faux...
Quick question.   What sort of sale, if any, is to be expected for the Dalton boots this holiday season? I'm thinking about buying a pair using one of the online gift card buying websites, which would allow me to snag a pair for roughly $360. I'm in a 9E and don't see any seconds in the color I'm after (Chocolate calf). I won't need these til early January when I start work, so I'm willing to wait for a Christmas sale if there will be one.   Thanks guys.
Hey there fellas. I'm in the market for some relaxed fit dark wash jeans. I don't have much of a preference between raw or washed denim. Basically, I just want them to be comfortable, clean and conservative. I'm not looking for baggy fit jeans, just a relaxed fit that will fit my big thighs (6ft, 175lbs, athletic build). I have found it hard to find a lot of relaxed fit jeans from nicer brands, as it seems most guys are wearing straight or skinny jeans. My current...
  It's funny you ask this, because I just got back from my first visit to the local Rack a few minutes ago. There should be a mix between first quality and seconds - some pairs had the shoe stamp they put on their second quality shoes. I did see a lot of shoes that had been beat up a little bit though. There will most likely be some scuffs or a little wear on most pairs, so they're basically all going to be similar to a second quality shoe in terms of aesthetics. 
  Yes, they will recraft seconds. Second quality shoes should only have cosmetic flaws - some more noticable than others. The structural integrity of the shoe shouldn't be compromised, thus allowing them to be recrafted when the time comes.     The Moras are a discontinued model, and therefore a rare find. However, it seems as though the AE shoebank and outlets hold on to discontinued models for quite sometime; however long it takes to sell them. I didn't get a pair...
To reinforce the crazy amount of seconds in stock for D widths:   8.5E Walnut Strand seconds: 5 9D Walnut Strand seconds: 62   Speaking of that, there's a pair of both Cordovan Walnut Strands and Cordovan Walnut Daltons, as seconds in 9D. Someone needs to pick those up! 
I have a question for you Dalton owners.   I'm an 8.5E in my McAllisters and Strands, and they fit very well. I got a list of 9D seconds just for kicks, and boy are there a TON of more shoes in that size, including a pair of Daltons. I've never tried on the Daltons, and I'm curious if I could make a 9D on the 1 last work. Plus that's my last name, so there's some definite bias.   Any input on the fit is appreciated. I might go try them on at the local store, but...
  I agree.   Why would damage considered to be "just cosmetic" be passed on? That's 90% of the reason why we are buying AE shoes in the first place - great looking shoes that are built to last. Cosmetic damange to the shoe is more than enough reason to have the shoe replaced.