or Connect

Posts by Beach Bum

How much are they selling for dijor?
So no the consensus is that Renovateur ruins uppers on shoes by over-drying them?  Well great I guess I fell for great marketing since I now use it to condition all of my shoes 2-4 times a year.
Wait, so now it's best not to use anything on our shoes?? God Dam#it.
I posted awhile back asking y'all about AE Promontory Point Boots after buying for cheap at Nordstrom Rack. Anyhow finally wore them today for first time as the cold air blew fast and hard today in Chicago. Back here to say wow I absolutely love these boots, great job Allen Edmonds. Besides winter boots made for one thing and one thing only, walking in snow, I've never owned a pair of nice (ankle) boots to wear for work, on street, etc... until now. Sorry no pics but...
Wait. You custom ordered those ugly shoes now you are complaining that there are minor defects and you are going to return them? If I were AE I'd cut you off for good in future.
Thanks all who responded re my Promontory Point inquiry. Definitely keeping them, looking forward to getting use out of them for Chicago winters to come. Zombie, sweet analysis you shared. I prefer the 8 last to the wolverine. Funny thing is I tend to think some lasts from AE are a bit bulkier than I like. Especially compared to Euro counterparts. Here there is a narrower sleeker last that I like yet others on AE's review page complain it's too narrow. Go figure.
AE's Promontory Point Boots...  So after months and months of searching for a solid pair of boots at local discount stores (Rack, etc) I came across these.  No pics right now but the link to AE's site is:   http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/producti_SF6643_1_40000000001_-1_   What is your guys' thoughts about these?  Anyone own a pair?  Personally, I think they are awesome and the price I paid ($160) was a good deal.    Reading some of the reviews on AE there are...
After seeing pictures of pitti uomo, not sure a 6'4" 225lb guy can manage to fit in any of the coats/shirts offered by that tailor or get sizes from the shoe makers. After all, I don't smoke, have muscle mass, and I guess for the heck of it don't have a beard as apparently is the new in thing. ha. So unfortunately even though I have the money that stuff ain't my style, nor is it must American's.
Yeah doubt they were Goodyears or fatte a Mano but if they are lace ups and brown definitely worth buying for $130. My guess is they are rubber soles so probably $495 to $550 at nordstroms. Far from cheap but still lower end for santoni. The shoes you compared them to above are probably much pricier...but then maybe you found a hidden gem. Take some pictures if you buy to post. For me most loafers and some rubber soled Santonis are too narrow at my size, 13D. But then...
I have been both complimentary and critical on here, though probably more to the latter. To honor this tradition I must say that the Magnolias as seen on JF's website are great looking shoes. I will also say that lately the shoe snob blog theme has turned a bit more nasty and in attack mode. Between what appears bias towards certain advertisers of shoes, and now his own line to toot as better than the rest. All neutrality has been destroyed. In other industries people...