or Connect

Posts by Beach Bum

Probably just the lighting, but why is there a lighter shade of brown in the vamp? Did you color it with a light brown polish?
Same, nicest boots I've seen on here since at least last winter. Must mean fall is around the corner.Awesome boots.
Don't recall seeing any GY in that store yet, but doesn't mean there haven't been time to time.He has had quite a bit of FAM shoes with Blake rapid construction. Usually his pictures will show the inside of shoe to determine if it is or isn't.Definitely a good price for some of those. Many are a more pointy European style that I've seen in shops or online there. Not a fan of these. But others have looked great, some nice loafers and monkstraps in particular.Yet to pull the...
Picked up this pair locally in size 10/10.5 with hopes to pass onto a family member.  Several sizes too small but what a beautiful shoe.  They are brown suede wingtip brogues, goodyear construction.  I own a handful of Santoni but no Goodyear...yet.     In case one of my brother in laws doesn't want this pair I'll probably come back here to sell in the next few weeks.  Further below just finished conditioning/polishing one of my favorite pairs I own. Dark Brown Santoni...
Finally got around to conditioning and polishing these awesome CJ (Purdey) Conistons.  As it's the first time since the factory polish I'm looking forward for years to come to develop a nice tan patina on them.     For now, back into the box and I'll see them again in about four months...    
Socks, please. Haven't we had this conversation once.
I'll give J Fitz some credit, he's come a long way, making some nice shoes these days. Still not donating to his blog.
Yeah you are correct, leather sole, better quality. I see them on ebay occasionally and like 3+ months ago 6pm.com had like 8+ Santoni styles heavily discounted, mainly loafers. Not sure if turner specifically was there.Shoe prices for made in Italy or England continue to rise and deals appear harder to get now than say three years ago. So the turner may not open up. I've never bought used shoes and doubt I will but there are some used ones online.Just once you hit the...
I'd argue no. For reasons that they are the lower end style from them with rubber sole; and more importantly you should be able to find them at discount time to time. For say 30-50% off.I'm sure they are super comfy though.
I'm utterly confused, something just doesn't add up. What am I missing? Are all of those stock photos of shoes you happen to own?You just happened to go to leffot a year ago and now are six pairs in? What about all the other brands you saw that day? I'm curious how they compare.And the whole CJ or Alden vs this brand is complete deja vu. Didn't someone else say something similar a year ago or so? Maybe it was this poster.But it confuses me because why are those two of all...