or Connect

Posts by Beach Bum

Yep, post them.
Shoe experts, I have a question for you guys.  I just bought these Santoni brand new on ebay last week, pictures shown here.  I've been looking for a pair of burgundy oxfords so they fit the bill.   They could be, however, almost 7 years old at this point.  Meaning they may have just been sitting around some warehouse for that time.  If they are truly from around 2008, and I think this because I believe I matched up the Santoni model name to this make, Santoni Bailey...
Bringing this thread out of hibernation.  Just received my newest pair of Santoni shoes, bought from an Ebay seller last week at a great price (at least compared to MSRP).    I've been looking for a nice pair of Burgundy shoes to wear formally / for work.  Santoni makes a few today (Vinnie, Ashford, etc) but it seems to be more rare compared to their array of browns as well as black offerings.   I bought these but couldn't figure out the model, thought maybe it was...
I'd return them, or exchange I mean. Looks like it's showing on the outside as well and that would irritate me.
Hey Guys, just a random question related to shoe price inflation. Obviously prices have gone up and demand relative to supply for top shoemakers' shoes has skyrocketed. What would you estimate say a $700 shoe today would have cost in 2008? $350, $400, $500, etc? There may be perfect examples of the same shoe with a MSRP that can be tracked, I'm just not informed enough of any. Or in general the price points for certain shoemakers can easily be tracked and to see how...
 Hey Guys, just a random question related to shoe price inflation.  Obviously prices have gone up and demand relative to supply for top shoemakers' shoes has skyrocketed.    What would you estimate say a $700 shoe today would have cost in 2008?  $350, $400, $500, etc?    There may be perfect examples of the same shoe with a MSRP that can be tracked, I'm just not informed enough of any.  Or in general the price points for certain shoemakers can easily be tracked and to...
Not sure where I read it, but got the great idea of using a smooth, thin pillow case as final polishing cloth in the bulling process. Found a perfect one that me or the wife won't miss, got a new pair of burgundy santoni via ebay on the way, and will have a shoe shine evening Wed watching my beloved Illini take on Iowa.
The Promontory Points I bought this summer at a Rack store for $150 are great. No complaints here.
Dragui for shoe shine(r) of the month.
That's great. Hope you have a full time shoe shiner on staff!