or Connect

Posts by BaronFizzwell

I have the Chambray shirts in blue and white, and to be honest, I mainly wear the blue one. If I do wear the white one, it's normally under a jacket, almost never by itself. It's probably just me, but white shirts on their own seem a bit like I'd be the guy wearing it on the beach singing the chorus break on a hip hop track. The RRL White Chambray is great quality though, and I'd wear one casually before the white shirts I have from Purple or Black Label, if that means...
  Does anyone have one of these Striped Cotton Jersey Henleys, that can attest to the texture of the fabric? I've noticed in the past that the RRL images are amongst the worst of the Ralph Lauren stock images for not updating sample images with the actual produced item, which can mean that it's difficult to judge how it would be once it arrives. Is this a soft fabric, or is it more cardboard like, like some of the other workshirts they've done?    I also find the...
The Norfolk Sneakers not only are smaller than other brands, but they're smaller within the brand as well.   I know the Bowery Boots are technically Cheaney, but I would have thought there would be at least some parity.   To put the sizing into perspective, I'm a 9 in the Bowery, and it feels as close to a Bespoke fit as I can get, but the 9 of the Norfolk Sneaker is too tight to walk around ... so another vote for them being smaller than usual ...
Yeah I could give it a try, if there aren't any left at any of the RRL stores. Of course, I could just realise that even if they're striped, nine contrast club collared shirts is enough ...
Thanks for the suggestions. I have ordered a white club collared shirt from Proper Cloth and found it to be a bit underwhelming when it came to the fabric. It was much cheaper than the RRL price of course.    I was basically trying to find out if anyone knew when this shirt was actually from.   I'm from neither the US nor the UK, but have the option of using a freight forwarder from either country. Maybe I could call some of the US stores to find out if they have any...
It seems that no matter how obsessively I watch the various Ralph Lauren Sites from various countries, I always miss out on my grails.   Does anyone from the US know if this ever made it to stores:   http://www.ralphlauren.co.uk/product/index.jsp?productId=60663401   It's the first time a shirt like this has shown up on the RRL range and they're all sold out overnight, it seems. There's no telling even which season it's from. It's definitely not on any Site from any...
 We forget that for a lot of people that aren't into this, the Men's RRL is also quite "Costumey". I've read articles (possibly written by BB types) on various mainstream sites about how guys wearing this kind of vintage workwear all look like they're extras from a Depression Era period film.
That'd be the work of Stefan Larsson, as he starts the struggle to bring Ralph Lauren back from the brink of collapse. He's not only cutting things like the Australian/New Zealand Site, but his plan - revealed a few days ago, to an immediate US$10 drop in the company's stock - is to close 10% of the stores, get rid of 8% of the staff, reduce the lead times for production (making it more in line with cheap fast fashion brands) and eliminate less core brands to concentrate...
That'd be the work 
 PM me if you're still looking. The New Zealand dollar is cheap compared to the US, so you might save on shipping. Everything on that Website ships from Ralph Lauren Hong Kong to here and Australia.