or Connect

Posts by jbarwick

I don't think they will let you do the Portland GMTO unless the style comes back.  I remember reading only currently styles can be MTO these days.
Dino has given others warning as well and I think he knows someone who had issues with importing a Rolex.  I'll be in Paris in January but there is no way the wife will let me cop one unless the exchange rate gets to 1:1...
I got in 6 treadmill miles with 4 of those miles varying incline and decline to see how my knee would react.  My knee did not hurt a bit and afterward I did not now normal weight routine.  I have a lot of days off over the next couple of weeks and am debating trying out the trail again after 3 weeks.     Anyone have any 2014 goals?  Mine are:   1.  Volunteer at Georgia Death Race.  This gets me a free future race since I can't run it this year. 2.  StumpJump 50K again...
Friday rest day!  I like running outside and similar to Fueco, I run without a watch a lot more these days.  Each trail loop has a distance and I just remember what I ran.  When I do use a watch I have a Garmin 305 which is nice but a little bulky.  May switch to a Suunto Ambit at some point.   As for treadmill vs. outside, I love running outside but currently am stuck on a treadmill due to my knee.  It is slightly hilly where I'm at and anything with a downhill slope...
4 miles with some intervals this morning.
I can safely add 15 miles. 22,241 + 15 = 22,256
To limit the number of accounts I deal with, we transitioned all of our assets to Vanguard other than 401(k)s because it was easiest.  Since Vanguard funds are usually the cheapest, I try to find the cheapest asset classes that cover what I need in the 401(k) then allocate the rest in our Vanguard accounts.  The issue is going to be that 401(k)s generally have a very cheap S&P 500 fund then the rest are more expensive.  At some point our asset classes will be out of whack...
Brands I could afford? Rolex Hamilton IWC - The Port Chrono is lovely.  I would purchase one.
 What are you looking for in a vintage watch?  Chrono? Time only? Any ideas of what may look good?  Vintage watches turn into Franken-watches pretty quickly at that price point.  Seems like a Longines may be a good brand to look into.
 What most people don't realize about Home Alone is that early in the movie, milk is spilled, and Kevin's ticket gets thrown away.  Since there is no ticket for Kevin they assume he is already on the plane.  So Home Alone is really based on spilled milk. Also I get excited for Thursday's with new auctions starting.  Nothing exciting this week and the wife did not mind the last purchase as she assume the Paypal was for a gift for her....