or Connect

Posts by Duspin

I'm sure AE will tell you the same, but it bears repeating:  Do not buy shoes second hand.  Ever.  No matter how much money you think you will save.  The cork beds in well-made shoes conform to the owner's feet, and while the speed with which the cork conforms isn't known, it makes sense to think that the cork will not "readjust" to a second foot.  Further, the sweat and body oils of another person don't magically leave the leather lining of the shoes before you put your...
MWS, I've been wearing AE since 2006 and haven't really invested heavily in them till mid 2011.  My earlier shoes seemed to be perfect in every way.  I do buy 90% of my shoes on sale at the retail shop (not outlet) or through ae.com.  It makes no difference where I get them, the symmetry is off on occasion, causing me to ask why such pairs aren't immediately sent to the outlet store for sale instead of to the customer paying at or near full price (in the case of Webgems,...
Management consultant and I've been wearing designer duds from original Pierre Cardin, Geoffrey Beane & Bill Blass (1970s) amongst others,  to Paul Stuart, Isaia, Brooks Brothers Golden Fleece, Incotex, Zegna, Canali today.  Know what I like and don't mind paying for quality.  I rather see something go out of style in good condition than have to replace items within the same style cycle. I wear an entire spectrum of clothes from jeans to made-to-measure suits and...
AE has developed some really spruced-up lines that appeal to a broader spectrum of buyers.  I find myself liking and buying both the traditional and the more hip styles but have serious considerations about the build quality.  Frequently I've had to return shoes that are asymmetric in manufacture at great inconvenience--to the extent where you'd swear the pair of shoes were made by 2 different people at 2 different times.  I own more than 2 doz pairs of AE shoes and have...
Can anyone share insight into this Italian brand.  Specifically I'm after information about quality of material and construction in leather jackets and coats for men, and how this brand compares to Gimo's, for example.  Thanking you all in advance for your response.