or Connect

Posts by Coronos

Thank you, Badandy, for your detailed and helpful answer.   The next suit I buy will be charcoal, but in the meantime, I guess I'll go back to my white shirt.
OK, I get that it would be best to have another dark suit, but I'll admit that I'm a bit surprised. I always thought that a basic black suit, while not always the best choice, could be made to work for almost any occasion. Apparently this is incorrect, but then I ask, what can you do with a charcoal suit that you can't do with black, and why?     Thanks, but if you're just going to second a comment, I'll just repeat my reply:     I'm not trying to be difficult, I just...
  Really? I'll admit, buying that shirt was a stretch for me, but you think black with tiny white stripes is flashy???????????????
@ tgt465, thanks for the validation of all black for work.   @ Mute, I appreciate the reply, and as noted in my first post, I *do* have a white shirt, I just prefer the darker colors. Given the extremely low number of formal events I attend as a guest, I could justify getting different-coloured shirt, but I'm not really in a position to drop the cash for a new suit. Are there really no dark--or at least subdued--colours that work with a black suit? Navy? Grey?
bump
Hello All,   I've never paid much attention to style; I usually just wear what's comfortable, and try not to look like a slob. There are occasions, of course, where I have to dress up, and that is where I would like some input.   First, about me: I am 40 years old, 5'6", 140 lbs. I am caucasian with average skin tone and dark brown hair.   I have always tended toward dark colours because I am not a flashy person at all; I don't like drawing attention to...