or Connect

Posts by MJSCA

LOL. I realize that ;-) Today I blew my clothing budget on a couple of ties, a dress shirt, and a bunch of casual shirts so I can look decent when I go out with my wife. And got her some new pants. I went from not worrying about cost (pre-2009) to losing almost everything with the tanking economy, to slowly clawing our way back out of the hole. I simply can't bring myself to "settle" on a suit that isn't what I want. I feel embarrassed when someone suggests I "save up...
Caruso (Danforth) and Jean Paul (Yorkville) are the ones I heard about a number of times. Any feedback?
I have a suit that is on the large side for me. Quite a bit so I think. The shoulders are good, but it was bought on the recommendation of the salesman that felt that given my age (mid 20's at the time) and very slim (yet broad-shouldered) physique, that I should go with a loose-fit suit rather than a more tailored looking suit.   I have always felt like I'm "swimming" in it. It was a gift from my father-in-law and it means a lot to my wife and I, so I want to be...
  The grey Brioni suit on their site is pretty well exactly what I'm looking for! I'll have to check this place out. But 6 week lead time... Maybe that's typical? I was hoping to be wearing a new suit to work pretty quickly lol.   I'm planning a career change and will be interviewing come Jan/Feb. So, maybe it's not a stupid idea to get a really nice suit made that'll be ready coinciding with that time.
  I could come up to $1000. What doors does this open? Specifically I'd like to find a place that has good staff to help me fit something well and alter it accordingly. I've heard a mixed bag of reviews about Tom's Place, so I'm a little hesitant. My clothes purchasing skill is not such that I can wade through junk and find gems, or know how to debate correct styles and fit with a salesman.   I could potentially handle $1200 - but I'm a little concerned about going...
How long would it take Sydney's to deliver the suit from the day I first walk in? Ballpark.
I have always depended on the opinion of salesmen to help fit a suit. But, I feel like I've always been steered wrong by them and never ended up with a suit that truly fit me the way I feel good about.   I'm new to Toronto, and don't know where to go to find an affordable decent-good quality suit for <$800, at a place that is staffed by people I can truly trust to give me a good opinion of how the suit should look and fit.   I casually walked in to the Hugo Boss...