or Connect

Posts by mdapht01

Cross-listed on Ebay.   http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=231172648219   Obviously you get a better price on the forum. Just PM me.   These have been worn once and are in mint condition. I will include the Alden shoe bags and a pair of brand new cedar shoe trees.   These were bought in NYC and when bringing them back to SF, the Alden box had to be discarded. Otherwise, aside from the Alden box, you get everything that came form the store -...
It was quite a while ago when I tried this, so I don't believe I have the exact recipe anymore. Moving from the east to the west coast I lost the recipe, although I had jotted it down somewhere for future reference.   I remember I used a rather high percentage of carnauba wax (I believe it was either 33% or 25%) to beeswax - i.e. 1 part carnauba to 2 (or 3) parts beeswax. You may use a lower percentage. It was easier than I thought it would be to make polish that gave a...
PM'ed you some info. Let me know how it goes! I had a lot of fun ... Cheers!
Up for Sale is a pair of Custom Made Allen Edmonds Shell Cordovan Manhattan Color#8 whole-cut oxfords.   These were custom made, which meant they cost an extra 100 dollars over the regular price of an AE pair of shell cordovan shoes ($595+$100+tax). I liked the Manhattan style but it wasn't offered in shell cordovan. So these had to be custom ordered.   I'm trying to downsize my shoe collection, and have been getting rid of pairs that I bought and never got...
Brand new with original Box, Bags, and Florsheim wrapping paper.   The color is quite similar to my AE Walnut Strand. The luster on these is unmatched by the Strand.    Size is 8 3E. I can personally attest to the fact that the fit is the exact same as 8 E is Alden's Barrie last.   NOTE: I have added a picture (last picture) comparing the size of the above pair to a pair of my Barrie Lasted Aldens...
Florsheim Royal Imperial Shell Cordovan Long Wing   New with original Box, Bags, and Florsheim wrapping paper.   Florsheim Royal Imperial was Florsheim's top most line.    Info from their catalog circa 1989 on this model:   "The Kenmoor Royal Imperial, long wing tip, 5-eyelet blucher, welt construction, full leather lining, cushioned sock lining, double leather sole with leather storm welt and heel with metal v...
New with receipt from 1982 (Cost 169 with tax - price tag reads 175 however)   Size 8D   Stunning piece of old-time American shoemaking.    I've compared color, finish, workmanship (stitching) and soles to my AE Shell Dalton.   I like AE and own many pairs including 4 shell cordovans, but the shell Daltons seem amateurish compared to the Florsheims in my opinion in every way.   The v-cleat was custom replaced for the buyer. For good reason. I wore my...
Alden shell PTBs dropped to 250 shipped.   Send me offers, at worst I'll say no. 
These are up on ebay as well:   http://www.ebay.com/itm/691-Alden-Color-8-Shell-Cordovan-Norwegian-Front-Blucher-Split-Toe-8-C-E-/230997939657?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item35c88cd5c9
Barrie Last   Look at pictures for condition. They are in great shape. Took pictures in various lighting - outdoors and indoors.    Shipping included within US. I'll ship in the Medium Flat Rate box, because this will make for the cheapest and more efficient shipping method. So I will not include the original box.    Alden shoe bags and shoe trees not included in the sale. Conserving shoe bags and shoe trees for moving apartments.    Any questions, please...