or Connect

Posts by bargerhm

Looks solid.   Since APC updated the measurements on the NS about 3 or 4 months back, I believe they added between a half inch to and inch to most places, so it makes sense to assume that the NS this season are meant to be a looser fit than in the past.   I also only downsized 1, mine are almost 4 months in now and they've come along nicely so far, I rinsed them about 3 weeks ago and they feel perfect now that they've softened up again.
  Best bet would be to measure your current pair and look at contexts updated measurement chart to see how much room you'd be adding at what size. Really go try them on somewhere if you can.
  Yeah I mean they're both NS but they feel like completely different jeans, especially with APC messing with the measurements making them slightly larger not to long ago, pretty sure my 31s are the new larger measurements, ordered them in early December 2012.   Like I mentioned also big part in size difference is cause I got the 28s when I was 15 y/o, sizing down almost 3 then, and bought the 31s at age 18 a few months back in Dec, only sizing down just under 2 this time.
Retired these last fall but I think I'm going to bring them back for the warm seasons.    3 years ~4 months, ~6 washes or so. They're tagged 28s, waist measures ~33 now. These are New Standards btw Only reason they still fit is because APCs stretch a ton and I wore them from age 15 - 19 now, so they stretched slower over a long time as I grew. I like the destroyed state and they're so damn comfortable.     Here's my new pair of NS, tag size 31. Few days...
  Thanks, that was the only time I polished them like that, the black is really versatile compared to amber that's for sure.   Just saddle soaped and mink oiled yesterday morning to get the winter salt layer off from all this snow recently. Each time I use saddle soap it takes them to a new level of softness, and you can see that without the polish they're a very flat black, even in the sunlight with a fresh coat of mink oil as in the picture below.      They feel better...
Everyone knows there's no such thing as women/girls on the internet. So, no.   Only one I know that I've seen women post on too is superfuture, but they're still a rare breed over there. Google might help you here.    Odds of someone on a forum geared towards men knowing about a forum for women seems unlikely, but you never know...
I know you said raw indigo but damn... look at this beaut. Fell in love with the Filson x Levis collab the moment I saw it a while back, especially this black oil finish, hopefully I can get my hands on one before it's discontinued, I'll buy one used if I have too, it's beautiful and I bet it feels bullet proof coming from those two American companies with pride in maintaining old school heritage.     mmmmmf, I'd kill for one.   Personally I have a vintage flannel lined...
Here's my old APCs that are destroyed now, got these at the end of 2009 in late Dec. when I was 15 years old, first pair of raw jawnz, I love these things, more comfortable than any sweatpants imaginable. Tagged 28s and they've grown with me over the years and still fit my 33 inch waist today. The ass region has pretty much deteriorated due to me growing, wearing them thin and a harsh fall on asphalt riding a mountain board down a steep ass hill going 25-30 mph. Other...
Got these in late Dec, just about 10 or 11 weeks ago now. Sized down just under 2, got 31, my waist is nearly 33 (1/8 shy), wanted a classic fit instead of more fitted like the last pair of NS I had, which have basically fallen apart by now. I think I did pretty damn good on getting the fit I wanted, and virtually no stretching has occurred other than in the waist. The knees have slight ripple but are still nearly flat when laid out, shouldn't change either, I feel like...
It's always been one of my favorites since I first saw it, but I've been watching a lot of 'The Tree of Life' lately, I like classic styles and that movie definitely influences my style choices quite a bit, everything in that movie is so on point.        AA / APC / Jack Purcell