or Connect

Posts by timmo

So, that's an unlined jacket. Considering my leather jacket collection stands at zero, and my unlined leather jacket collection is also at zero, what's everyone's thoughts on how wearable an unlined jacket is? Comfortable with a tee underneath? Will the lack of a light lining make it actually wear warmer, or make it more likely to need cleaning? Will the lack of lining make me wanna scratch my own skin off?Cause to me this is about the best looking jacket I've seen...
ie, this one? http://www.magnoliclothiers.com/layer-cake-jacket-by-magnoli-clothiers-custom-made-leather-jackets-p-303.htmlYup, it's basically what I want. Maybe not as slim cut and lightweight as I'm after. The original dunhill one is a bit shorter.At around AUD$550 I'd really wanna be pretty certain it looks the goods, hence the call out for local options.
Guys, Long time lurker, pretty much first time poster. Been thinking about getting a leather jacket and the one I'm obsessing over is this one: http://filmjackets.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=138 ie, Daniel Craig's dark brown Dunhill jacket from layer cake. Still looks great I reckon, very clean look, lightweight, and quite short. Sort of cafe racer style I guess but not so sporty, and the exact opposite of the 1980's bulgarian heavy metal fan leather jackets I see...
G'day. Must be an R&B strategy, cause the Melbourne Myer sales staff were easy on the eyeballs last time I was there. And the view & service was excellent at the Melbourne Central store... she actually offered to iron the shirt - handy to remember if you have an shirting emergency prior to an important meeting. Sator mentioned somewhere in a thread that the shirts were worth about $17 wholesale... however, No matter... I have a few of them - bought at a deep discount...
Quote: Originally Posted by atroopan So do the comfort craftsmen run shorter than regular craftsmens? Inquiring minds want to know. Nato I was advised by a saleman in an RMW store here in Melbourne this week that Comfort soles can be replaced with, say, leather brass screwed when they need to be. Which would mean they should be the same length. Cheers, tim