or Connect

Posts by Palladio

http://www.basenotes.net/ID26120516.html Eau de Rochas Homme is a good one for what you describe.
There are other alteration tailors closer to Pittsburgh proper--Butler is 1 hour north on 279/79, but is an easy drive. I use them because Frank has made 1 suit, 1 blazer, trousers, and about 40 shirts for me, all successfully, and has let out many of the jackets once my overarm measurement grew from weightlifting. Prices are reasonable; they're open on Saturday as well from 9:30 to 3:30 PM. Call them if you want to set up an appointment:...
Pittsburgh Area: Frank Cicco and sons 133 W. North Street Butler, PA Custom and MTM suits, custom overcoats, MTM shirts, men's and women's alterations.
Quote: Originally Posted by QBNCGAR I wish IBM made a 104-key version of their old original AT 101-key battle axe so it could be used effectively w/ modern versions of Windows. I could easily hit 100wpm on it. Everything else I struggle to get out of the 90's, and I wear them out after about 6 months.... You can get this, but at a steep price: http://pckeyboards.stores.yahoo.net/customizer.html Unicomp bought IBM's factory, and thus makes...
Does anyone who lives in or near Pittsburgh have a dry cleaner that they would recommend for suits? I have a few fully canvassed suits that I'd rather not entrust to just anyone-- any suggestions?
ace195: If you're not dead set on north of the city, you may want to look at the South Hills areas as well (family-oriented, not much nightlife at all). What are you looking for?
My tailor swears by Mario at Sewickley shoe repair. That's not Pittsburgh proper, but it is a fairly easy drive: 447 Beaver Street Sewickley, PA 15143 (412) 741-5800 I have not used this myself, but I've seen his work, and am convinced he knows what he is doing. He can do full-sole replacements, not just half.
Hey, Terrible Towels can serve as a stylish ascot, in a pinch... I've got to give Baltimore credit, they wanted it more. Thankfully, there's a rematch later this season, and we'll have Ben back. Of course, they should have Ed Reed, so it'll be interesting.
Quote: Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy Most women don't know enough about men's shoes to judge anything. I asked a female co-worker who is very interested in women's fashion about this. She confirmed that even someone as interested in clothing as she is doesn't know much about men's shoes, and that she only notices if they look good or not on the guy wearing them. She didn't know the difference between the low-end brands and the ones...
There's a record store near me that I visit occasionally, even though I look very out of place in it (the store also sells comic books and the like, and caters to a younger crowd). It is one of the types of brick-and-mortar stores that I still like to visit.