or Connect

Posts by doctorman

agreed. let's move on. 
how many times has utley been suspected for unsportsmanlike conduct in his career? and also, just to make it clear. you're describing the slide as dickheaded, which is quite concrete and specific.  was it too hard in your mind?  or was it too fast by your velocity criteria? was he too far off the base?  were his spikes up?  did he make contact with tejada's body before the slide? was he really going for the second base? no. but honestly what percentage of the players...
 i would have been devastated if seager broke his leg. no question. but again, if i just look at the slide, it's a hard, major league slide. i would probably shake my head and move on.   like mentioned earlier, as a major league shortstop, tejada should have expected a hard slide.  to miss the bag, spin around and try to be creative for a very difficult play, he put himself in a bad spot. i laugh at the hypocrisy because i never saw you calling for fine/suspensions about...
if you didn't go yesterday. probably shouldn't go today unless they re-stocked. i was there yesterday at 3pm and it was slim picking. there were a few pairs of cheap vibergs @225 but i think they were gone the first hour.   the whole thing is a shit show and a colossal waste of my time.  it was certainly organized by some c-minus students. they allowed people get in at 10:30 even though they said they open at 11. the morning people waited an hour or half to get in. by pm...
 if you just look at the slide (i was there live and i've seen the replay many times since), every player in this league does it. and all good players are expected to do the same in this situation. you would love to have a player on your team that plays the way utley plays.  so if you're calling a suspension on utley, then you can easily suspend a few players every games. you've clearly been influenced by the tragic result of the slide but not the slide itself.  the slide...
well. when barry bonds was loading himself with steroids and crushing homeruns, he should NOT be suspended because everyone else was doing it. but when it comes to a hard slide, whoa, god forbid... 
i'm gonna have to disagree with you on this one.  the only argument that would make any sense is that utley was maybe slightly late with his slide.  his both hands were well within reach of the bag and he was simply playing hard.  it was very unlucky that tejada had his back turned against him which put himself in a defenseless position.  anyone that has ever played baseball or watched enough will know it's not a dirty slide intended to injury tejada.  i'm not sure where...
Just went there. It was a colossal waste of my time. The men's selection was quite thin as mentioned. There were a lot of pants but most items were ugly as sin.The warehouse needed more lighting and better organization. It just makes shopping even more impossible.
hah. thanks. pure luck. got a good buddy who has partial season tickets and is willing to share.  there are still tickets available by the way. typical dodgers...
 my bad. it is for the mohawk general store. i thought the poster would have contained the information.   i was at the union sample sale last year and thought it was just ok but had to wait 2 plus hours.  debating about this one.. probably will go because i'll be at the dodgers game saturday anyway.