or Connect

Posts by doctorman

i'm gonna have to disagree with you on this one.  the only argument that would make any sense is that utley was maybe slightly late with his slide.  his both hands were well within reach of the bag and he was simply playing hard.  it was very unlucky that tejada had his back turned against him which put himself in a defenseless position.  anyone that has ever played baseball or watched enough will know it's not a dirty slide intended to injury tejada.  i'm not sure where...
Just went there. It was a colossal waste of my time. The men's selection was quite thin as mentioned. There were a lot of pants but most items were ugly as sin.The warehouse needed more lighting and better organization. It just makes shopping even more impossible.
hah. thanks. pure luck. got a good buddy who has partial season tickets and is willing to share.  there are still tickets available by the way. typical dodgers...
 my bad. it is for the mohawk general store. i thought the poster would have contained the information.   i was at the union sample sale last year and thought it was just ok but had to wait 2 plus hours.  debating about this one.. probably will go because i'll be at the dodgers game saturday anyway. 
  worth going?
  worth going?
 that's typical of yankee fans, knowledgeable and merciless, for better or worse.  i was there towards the end of jeter's 0-32 run and they even boo'ed him. the next day (i was there again) he crushed the first pitch he saw from zito for a home run to make it 1-33 and all was well again (it was so loud i thought the stadium was going to collapse). 
hah. well. about half of them were not strikes.  the yanks kept swinging and missing them. so that kinda forced the ump's hand a little...hard to call it a ball with a swing and miss sometimes...
 i heard a story about ryan not ever wanted to "give in" to hitters.  and in his mind, "giving in" meant giving up a hit.  he'd rather walk someone than risking giving a hit.  that probably at least partially explained that he walked over 200! batters a year.  in contrast, i think kershaw's bb/9 is around 1.6 in the last few years.  i think the definition of 'giving in' is now changed to allowing a walk. 
i never believed in AE firsts.  you can make an argument about their shell but i've always bought seconds. i have 8 pairs. all under $200. they look and feel fine and keep me straight with other financial priorities.