or Connect

Posts by doctorman

nice piece indeed.  too bad i needed a size 4!
nice jacket.  what size?
is there no VAT deduction because it's on sale? i recently purchased something from them and they deducted the VAT...
i actually like that idea.  steve jobs used to say "don't ask me what i want, show me what you have and i'll tell you if i like it".  i certainly do enjoy the serendipitous finds but it sure wastes a lot of my time...
not sure if the price has gone up recently. but i was in their store last year around 4th of july and there were two suits (paul) in charcoal/grey for $680 plus tax and tailoring - and it had most common sizes 38/40.  that's gotta be the best i've seen from them and so far the online sale does not match that.
i bought a shirt.  RRL was at 70% off this morning.  the selection was bad (and i showed up at 9:10AM).  there are a few shirts in small and large.  maybe 3 shirts left in medium. a few jackets in the L and XL left and some jeans here and there.  there were a few people that was buying everything so i imagine there is even less left now.   the suit (BL) selection was quite good at 70% off.
just curious to see if anyone has had any updates since the last post.  i walked by his store today and had a brief chat with him. he seemed quite knowledgeable and pleasant.  his suits now start at about $1500.  anything a bit better will put you in the $2500 range.  all work is done on premise and all suits are fully canvassed.  i saw some of the suits hanging in the shop - the styles were really quite average (for the price).  as mentioned above, there isn't a house cut...
alexander mcqueen suits anyone?
i remember buying an item for $100 with a retail of $250 once.  but that's after painstakingly waiting for over a month (and checking the item daily) and i got the last one...
gone. thanks. til next time...