or Connect

Posts by Euxeus

Thanks for the helpful answers guys.     Do you think a decent cobbler would be able to do a "factory reset" on the shoes? They've only been worn once so I'd just want them to restore that one toecap to it's original colour.        What did you do?
I've posted this question already in it's owned thread but it got overtaken by a troll and somebody recommended that I post my question in this thread.   I read that it was a good idea to polish new shows as it gives them extra protection. My new C&J Malton shoes didn't look like they needed a polish but I thought I would try it anyway to be on the safe side. I had not polished shoes before but I'd a few read guides here and watched videos online to get an idea of...
  I used the tan color polish that I was given by the C&J shop.         I spent $650 on these shoes so I'd like to look after them as best as possible. I know plenty of people that have owned shoes for more than 5 years, they've had them resoled and they still look great.
I read that it was a good idea to polish new shows as it gives them extra protection. My new C&J Malton shoes didn't look like they needed a polish but I thought I would try it anyway to be on the safe side. I had not polished shoes before but I'd a few read guides here and watched videos online to get an idea of what I was doing.   However I think I made quite a few mistakes:   I applied drops of water directly on to the shoe. I rubbed the leather quite...
I ordered a pair of Maltons and a pair of Islay boots from the Jermyn Street store and the ETA is 9 weeks, is this normal?
Thanks for the advice. Are shoes from C&J typically discounted during the January sales as well?
I'm going to Jermyn Street tommorow to buy a pair of Crockett & Jones shoes. Whilst there I'd like to get a smart/casual wardrobe for wearing to work. Most people at work wear a shirt with a sweater and chinos or light coloured trousers. I'm looking for a shop to buy the clothes from that is similar to Crockett & Jones in the sense that they have good quality clothes that will look good and last but won't break the bank. I've read on here that TM Lewin might be a good...