or Connect

Posts by iSurg

How do you preinfuse 50g and then get 18.5g, Plestor? *nvm, just saw all the recipes on http://worldaeropresschampionship.com/recipes/
Anything with a PID is going to enable more control, I guess. Yeah, I need to get my brewing more exact, so will go pick up an electronic scale, but will hold off the temperature sensitive kettle until later. 92 degrees seems really hot to me, and anything past 85 for me extracts a bit more bitterness than what my palate likes. I stop right before the hiss, so probably go past the 5ml remainder mark. I might try your technique this weekend. Any other tips?
JM: I would buy a grinder for the Otto, it comes with an induction heater, probably because it was unpredictable on the stovetop. My current technique is inverse loading, 80 degree water, 2 scoops to number 2, 20 seconds seep, 30 seconds extraction with an Able disc filter, the Hario as you rightly pointed out, can only do coarse grinds but it's fine enough for press coffee. I occasionally fill to number 4 for Americana. Also like it.
Go local. Better service and you'll have less headache.
Very insightful, Foxy. Look deep within ourselves, and there we will find the answer... Pink, likewise - had a great time. I need some Boglioli love. If only HB had IT44's and 46's. PS: Who's heading to the HB event? PS and GN and fxh no doubt. I have made a few worthwhile purchases this week. An aeropress complete with Hario hand grinder and Able disc. Awesome cuppa. Onto some Kenyan single origin beans from Campos and the flavours are amazing. Thinking of the Otto for...
argh, not again...
I thought it was that material. I guess you should ask them...
It's a shirt made in Airtex fabric.
Don't know, but the jacket is Maimone. (on collins street). His handywork is reportedly quite good (according to Tom).
Thoughts on these lapels and button choices?   Photo credit: Double Monk